This is a market risk role supporting the trading business of BOCI. As a risk controller, you will work closely with front office traders on daily basis regarding P&L explains and risk metrics. The team covers products across equity derivatives, fixed income and structured notes business. You will be assigned to cover one of the businesses and be responsible to cover all P&L and risk aspects of the business including risk monitoring and reporting, risk limit review and risk related projects etc.
You will liaise with front office, middle office, valuations, finance and IT teams when supporting the business. This role will give you good exposure in the front to back flow of the trading business.
• Prepare daily profit and loss report and conduct P&L attribution analysis and comments based on market movements and perform related control checks;
• Prepare daily risk reports and monitor limits compliance;
• Analysis of daily VaR and Stress limit exposures;
• Review and provide analysis on new product or new business;
• Pro-active identify and escalate to management on potential market risk events and regulatory/policy changes;
• Participate in ad-hoc system implementation projects.
Skills & experience
• 1 to 2+ years of working experience in risk management or product control in any asset classes
• Knowledge of equity and bond markets, risk models and products is desirable
• Programming skill is an advantage
• Proactive, with a can do mindset
• Good interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and communicate effectively
• Good command of Cantonese or Mandarin and English
• Please apply in strict confidence with full resume, academic record, current and expected salaries.
• The personal data provided will be used for consideration of recruitment only. All personal data of unsuccessful candidate will be destroyed within 24 months.
• Candidates with Enhanced Competency Framework (ECF): please state on the CV.
As a leading investment bank in China and Hong Kong region, the investment banking arm of Bank of China, BOC International Holdings Limited (“BOCI”), is now seeking highly motivated, creative and success-oriented professional who would like to pursue the career for supporting our group.