Corporate title: Application Designer
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software, projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing Microsoft .NET based systems.
- Provide programming for in-house local and regional IT projects, especially for EDI integration projects.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
- As second and third level support in software troubleshooting.
- Assist and liaise with user and client for User Acceptance Test and deployment.
- Provide assistant and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Should have a minimum of 4 years of technology experience with at least 3 years hands-on technical roles in the field.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience with systems development and databases design, in particular with Microsoft .NET (C#, VB, ASP.NET etc.), MS SQL Server, Oracle
PL/SQL, API (XML/JSON), JQuery, Bootstrap, html, CSS, HTML5, Web Service and various EDI message format (XML, ANSI X12, EDIFACT).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Having experience working in an International Transport and Logistics Company would be an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
We offer intensive training and good career development to the successful candidates. Remuneration will be commensurated with qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Interested parties please send your full resume, stating your current and expected salary, and availability by e-mail to [email protected] hk.dsv.com
(Personal information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purpose ONLY)