***Must have Power Systems Industry experience***
- Manage area sales and marketing of OMICRON products and services for assigned countries in Asia region.
- Identify, develop, maintain and improve relationships with key accounts / new business opportunities within designated areas of responsibility.
- Actively participate and support in the selection, training, evaluation, and planning of OMICRON's Sales Distributor activities within the geographic area of responsibility.
- Participate in business development, market evaluation, sales forecasting and monitoring of customers and leads within the assigned area.
- Coordinate and conduct promotional activities including conferences, user meetings, seminars, local exhibitions & on-site demonstration and post-sale customer training and service of the products.
- Make recommendations and suggestions for new products, service markets and process improvements.
- Evaluate Sales Distributor performance and manage accordingly to maximize sales revenue and market penetration within the area.
- Summarize and report sales status of your sales territories at regional sales meetings.
- Manage the prompt and correct quotation process with the Sales Support staff and Sales Representative.
- Communicate with other Area Sales Managers and regional team members on competitive information, product issues, market trends and customer perception of OMICRON products and services.
- Maintain the corporate CRM database with new contact information, training details, opportunities and conduct regular review of data to keep the information up to date and accurate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager (Asia).
- General knowledge of power generation, transmission and distribution systems and the various apparatus used within these systems.
- Good knowledge of testing methodologies and maintenance practices used to assure a continuous and reliable power system.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the organization and business processes employed by electric power companies, government agencies, manufacturers and industrial consumers of bulk power in the Asian market.
- Ideally you have a general knowledge in both the field of power system protection and high voltage apparatus.
- Goal and team oriented – willingness to work collectively with others to achieve corporate, regional and personal goals.
- Ability to schedule and plan strategically or react quickly to a changing working sales environment.
- Ability to present and demonstrate products, technologies and test methodologies to technicians, engineers, supervisors, managers and executives via telephone, email, visits, exhibits or webinars.
- Enjoy selling and convincing customers.
- Have creative, innovative and solutions-oriented approach.
- Excellent written, speech, presentation and negotiating skills required.
- Excellent MS office skills – especially Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint - and ideally experience in CRM.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; other foreign languages (e.g. Chinese, Japanese) is a plus.
- Able to open for undertaking extensive travel within Asia (up to 50%); international travel may be required.
- At least 8 years of experience in power systems, especially in the fields of power system protection and high voltage apparatus
- At least 3 years of direct sales or sales partner management selling testing equipment, instrumentation or apparatus for the electric power industry preferred
- Participation in international, national, regional and local conferences, exhibits or seminars.
- Proven record of achieving targets for revenue and product sales
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering; or certification of completion of a electronic or electrical technical education is required.
- Master's degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. OMICRON reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
OMICRON distinguishes itself by:
- Not just offering a position, but an opportunity for growth and development in an international multi-cultural company.
- Having fun while working as a part of a professional team.
- Encouraging personal initiative through flat hierarchies.
- Our extraordinary corporate culture and strong commitment to a healthy "work-life-balance."
- Offering an attractive benefit package.
OMICRON provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or origin, age or disability.
If interested in becoming part of the OMICRON team, please click on the link below and start the application process. We look forward to hearing from you.