SEEK is the largest global online job marketplace, operating in 19 countries. Our reach includes Australia, New Zealand, China, Brazil, Mexico, South East Asia, Southern Africa, India and Bangladesh.
SEEK Asia was formed from the merger of two leading job portals in the region: JobStreet and JobsDB. We employ 1,500 people throughout the region and aim to place 10 million people in jobs each year. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, our award-winning
culture and our genuine commitment to our values.
The Assistant Analytics Manager will join a high-energy team facilitating the transformation of SEEK Asia into a learning organization that is:
• Outcome oriented: obsessively focused on how we can make a difference to our customers
• Evidence led: systematically, creatively and rigorously using data to drive insight
• Iterative: consistently adapting to the learnings acquired through experiments and measurement
We are looking for people who are:
• Rigorous: data-literate, clear-thinking and organised
• Semi-technical: familiar with statistical practice and SQL and willing to learn other skills
• Articulate: able to clearly express ideas verbally and in writing
• Collaborative: motivated by team and company success, generous in support of others
• Passionate: about understanding complex issues, able to think critically and learning from evidence
Key Objectives of Role
Based in our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, the Assistant Analytics Manager will:
• Work with Product Owners to define objectives and KPIs for streams and projects.
• Define and prepare measurement specifications and implementation requirements for projects across all platforms (desktop, mobile site, mobile apps, email etc).
• Design and create dashboards to monitor platforms, streams and projects.
• Deliver accurate and value-adding actionable insights of hirer and candidate behavior.
• Provide post launch review of projects.
• Communicate clear data, analysis and actionable insights to support key decisions.
• Independently handle data queries from internal stakeholders.
Skills, Experience and Competencies
The successful candidate will have:
At least 5 years’ experience working in analysis, strategy or research-related roles
• Strong familiarity with statistical methods
• Collaborative mindset focussed on end-to-end results
• Experienced in developing and managing strategy or research projects and defining these in terms of specific objectives and desired outcomes
• Ability to motivate and lead internal or external teams to deliver results that exceed expectations
Passion for delivering impactful insights and for asking ‘why?’
• High degree of intellect with a passion for understanding customer behaviour and satisfaction
• A track record of having tackled genuinely difficult strategy or analytics questions and delivering business-orientated recommendations
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Track record of working with others to ‘get stuff done’
• Ownership, drive - delivering outcomes with cross functional, cross market teams
• Ability to establish relationships and influence senior stakeholders from a range of cultures
• Collaborative, high degree of humility and empathetic work style
• A deep commitment to inclusive and empowering work practices
A passion for the online industry and bias towards innovative cultures
The successful candidate will be competent with the following technologies:
• Microsoft Excel
Willingness to learn the basics (expertise not required) some of the following tools and platforms:
• Web Analytics (Omniture, Google Analytics, A/B testing etc.)
• Databricks (supports SQL, Python, R, Scala etc.)
In addition, candidates with one or all of the following will be preferred:
• Experience in online businesses and / or technology
• South East Asia and / or Hong Kong experience
• Believed in aiming high to deliver world-class results and yet, not forgetting to care for others
jobsDB and JobStreet.com are part of SEEK Asia, which is the leading online employment market place in Asia. SEEK Asia covers 7 countries namely Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
SEEK Asia is the extension of the Australian Securities Exchange listed company called SEEK. The company’s purpose is to help improve people’s lives through a better career. SEEK Asia’s database consist of over 500,000 corporate hirers and over 24 million candidates.