- To achieve the sales and profit targets of the seasonal connected commerce business plans for assigned brands
- To monitor KPIs in order to identify ways to maximize sales and inventory efficiency. To track and evaluate performance of assigned brands and marketing activities on a regular basis with the SMM.
- To work on marketing plans to maximize sales and build the Lane Crawford beauty brand
- To set seasonal budgets based on brands’ performance and department strategies
- To determine pricing strategies for products/vendors based on market reviews, competitor positions, supplier financials, etc.
- To run, prepare, and/or request reports as needed for monitoring brands’ performance and planning upcoming strategies, including KPI reports, marketing proposals, post mortems, and CRM analysis.
- To support Omni development through leading online upload, digital content development, product coordination for Visual Merchandising team to develop effective communication plans.
- To be proactive in understanding the competition, and to take action to minimize any loss of Lane Crawford’s market share
- To work with vendors to formulate a yearly calendar on strategic sales and marketing programs
- To work with internal departments to plan and drive BU & Brand programs
- To work closely and develop strong relationships with vendors, business partners and landlords to identify new business opportunities to promote the BU & brands
- Establish new partnership opportunities to identify key business development initiatives
Company Culture and Talent Development
- To fully engage and live by the Lane Crawford Vision, Passion, Learning, Collaboration (PLC) Values, and deliver our Customer Service Promise at all times
- To build collaborative working relationships with your colleagues to ensure the achievement of the Company Business Plan, your department and individual objectives
- To reinforce Lane Crawford Heritage, Brand DNA and culture - through storytelling and sharing successes at every opportunity
- To personally demonstrate the Lane Crawford Leadership Code Behaviors and use these as a tool to coach and develop team members and colleagues
- To fully participate in the performance development planning (PDP) process, developing knowledge and understanding of your team member strengths and development opportunities using PDP Tools
- To take appropriate corrective action (in consultation with HR Department) with employees who do not achieve required standards of performance and behavior
- To build a personal connection with each team member, taking time to understand them, individuals and identify ways to motivate, retain and engage them.
- Degree holder with a minimum 3-4 years of buying or Brand management experience in retail industry, preferably with luxury cosmetics experience
- Able to deal with principals and vendors effectively
- Strong analytical ability with excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent command in both written and spoken English, Cantonese and/Mandarin
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please apply to careers＠lanecrawford.com.
At Lane Crawford we support our staff with a range of benefits that reflect the importance we place on the well being of our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, annual leave, provident fund, staff purchase privileges and medical and dental coverage, we provide shuttle buses, various recreational activities, an Staff Assistance Programme and the best in-class Training and Development.
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes only.