This role is responsible for investigating, evaluating and resolving assigned claims including non-standard within designated personal authority level,
in line with established standards, procedures and guideline provided.
- Handling non-standard or complex claims and escalating to supervisor when necessary to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Conduct pro-active settlement through appropriate negotiation or mediation including instruct and collaborate with counsel regarding litigation strategy and claim resolution.
- Identifying and investigating suspicious / fraudulent claims including escalation to supervisor.
- Managing customer/intermediary interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Organizing and using approved internal and/or external suppliers to ensure appropriate and timely services are provided to customers.
- Provide training, guidance or assistance to claims associates in the handling of non-standard cases.
- Supporting more experienced colleagues in the handling of non-standard cases.
- Work with other areas of the Company including underwriting, finance, actuarial, operations and technology when required.
- Meet with existing or prospective clients or intermediaries to promote Claims and support business development.
- Assist in preparation of reports or analysis where necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and policy requirements internally and externally.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as warranted including ad-hoc projects.
- Relevant academic qualifications with a minimum of 5 years' solid working experience on Employees Compensation and Professional Lines claims.
- Preferably a holder or in progress of professional insurance qualification such as ANZIIF or ACII and meet minimum local mandatory qualification requirement
- Have experience in handling complex / legal cases independently with sound judgment and analytical ability.
- Legal knowledge or legal training is as an advantage.
- Apply planning, prioritization and organizational discipline in managing workload and focused on priorities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and analytical ability.
- Possess strong negotiation skills and attention to details.
- A good team player and able to work independently and under pressure.
- Possess good interpersonal skill and customer service oriented attitude.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English and Cantonese.
- Ability to work on relevant PC applications.
All information collected from applicants will be kept in accordance with Allied World Assurance Company, Ltd ‘s (Hong Kong branch) privacy and
About Allied World
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, GmbH, through its subsidiaries, is a global provider of insurance and reinsurance solutions. We operate under the brand Allied World and have supported clients, cedents and trading partners with thoughtful service and
meaningful coverages since 2001. We are a subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, and we benefit from a worldwide network of affiliated entities that allow us to think and respond in non-traditional ways. Our capital base is strong, our solutions
anticipate rather than react to changing trends, and our teams are focused on establishing long-term relationships that are mutually beneficial.
Learn more about Allied World by visiting: Web: www.awac.com | Facebook:
www.facebook.com/alliedworld | LinkedIn: