We are currently looking for a high caliber candidate to join us as “Assistant General Manager - Operations, Hong Kong"
- Lead all operational departments including Production, Make & Pack, Equipment/ Airline Services, Transport and Warehouse.
- Ensure delivery of products and service to customers according to airline specifications and expectations.
- Execute processes in the Operation in an effective and efficient way under clean and hygienic conditions to the agreed standard.
- Develop departmental competence by training staff, developing and improving processes.
- Acts as primary point of contact for Unit and Support Function Management, identify and solve interface problems, provide counsel and leadership.
- Ensure that in-house policies and procedures are adhered to. Foster CI initiatives and provide a climate for change
In this role, you will:
- Support the Deputy General Manager in the analysis of the monthly financial statements and conduct necessary control measures
- Establish action plan with corrective action to meet the scheduled budget / KPI. Lead the department heads /supervisors to take necessary actions for meeting targets
- Ensure control of the man-hours according to the budget figures (including sick leaves, vacation, temporary employment, etc.). Provide explanation for deviations and if necessary develop corrective measures (such as improve processes, stream line material flow, provide training, highlight weakness in the Shop floor supervision and contract terminations).
- Prepare all required operational data including initiatives, projects planning and consequent results for Go Forward Planning
- Evaluate the "operational reports" (OPRS) on a daily basis and initiate corrective actions.
- Obtain all necessary information for the operational planning.
- Adherence to hygiene, health, labour law and security procedures and ordinances required by company and government
- Manage the quality agreed for the unit performance index and take necessary actions when appropriate
- Initiate and coordinate activities which contribute to operational improvements including but not limited to participation in projects, working groups and the introduction of new technologies
- Drive the implementation of gateOPEX on unit level and ensures compliance and sustainability to achieve and retain the levels
- Responsible for annual performance evaluations of direct reports in compliance with PA&P guidelines and initiatives.
- Provide support to HR team in recruiting, training, performance evaluation, promotions, and developing employees.
- Ensure professional departmental induction is completed consistently and its effectiveness reviewed with GM/DGM. Support the delivery of all key training with the GM/DGM, identifying training needs and capability gaps within the team.
- Develop key talents and ensure an effective succession plan is in place.
- Manage irregularities in the operational process and implement corrective measures.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in Airline Catering Operational Department of which 3 years’ supervisory working experience in a high volume, manufacturing, food production and restaurant or catering environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the ability to successfully manage the staff.
- Ability to give constructive feedback to employees
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills
- Must be innovative and have the ability to make changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with multiple departments and customers.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Multi-lingual a plus.
We offer competitive remuneration package to the right candidate.
Interested parties please submit your application detailing work experience, qualifications, availability, present and expected salary package to: Human Resources Manager, Gate Gourmet Hong Kong Limited, 10 Catering Road West, Hong Kong International Airport or Click "APPLY" below.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.