Reports to: Crew Planning Manager
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
The job holder will assist the Crew Planning Manager in ensuring crew levels within Cathay Pacific Group are at an optimal level and crew resources are sufficient
to meet the business operating plan legally, within Company policy, industrial agreements, business objectives and cost criteria.
The incumbent will be responsible for Crew Planning and/or Training Planning for a selection of Flight Crew and Cabin Crew crew groups under each AOCs.
- Assist the manager in establishing crew planning criteria and requirement with management team.
- Assist the manager in undertaking crew planning studies for long term operating plan and special projects such as aircraft
wet leasing, introduction of new fleets and fleet phasing out.
- Take ownership of the Crew Planning Models for respnsible crew groups to ensure there is continuous improvement, and able
to react to business changes
- Ensure crew plan and training plan produced are verified and meeting Company objectives.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to ensure information required for crew planning are supplied in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with teams within Crew Resources to ensure required information are supplied and distributed efficiently and effectively.
- Contribute to the generation of efficient crew patterns for forecasting crew requirements.
- Prepare inputs and participate in budget process for current and future years budget.
- Undertaking projects as directed by the manager.
- Ensure effective running of the responsible crew planning section while meeting deadlines, cost targets and responding to
- Provide regular review of the team performance and make recommendations to enhance crew planning process.
- Develop the team and the individual members through development plans, teamwork, and coaching.
- Ensure the team develops a continuous improvement mindset.
- Responsible for the development, control and discipline of subordinates and the maintenance of their Terms of Reference.
Recommending promotions, demotions and dismissals.
- Maintain technical knowledge required.
- Assist with crisis coordination and participating in the crisis as required.
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary
complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working across stakeholder groups.
- Preserve the confidentiality of privileged Company managerial information.
- Tertiary education.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in crew management environment, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Approved Flight Time Limitations Scheme, Conditions of Service, Rostering Practices, and Crew Training requirement
is a pre- requisite.
- Knowledge of Crew Planning/Pairing/Roster handling is an advantage.
- Good ability in people management, negotiation and communication skills.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- High proficiency at Excel, PowerPoint, or equivalent.
- Able to work independently and decisively under pressure and within a team.
- Good planning and organisation skills.
- Good team-building skill and able to effectively deputise in the absence of manager.
- Commercial Acumen
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Coping with Pressure
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 5 May 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes
only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting
our Data Protection Officer.