The successful candidate will work as a supervisor of operations team to perform daily database, data interface/ETL and Big data platform support of the
company’s global IT operations.
The candidate is expected to work on the design, review, installation, maintenance, operation, performance tuning and troubleshooting of Big Data platform,
RMDB and NOSQL database systems.
- Supervise professionals to provide 7x24 support, daily operation and administration on databases, data interface and big data platform, and keep optimize and automate relevant operation
procedure and administration task.
- Maintain High-Availability and Disaster Recovery on database, data interface and big data platform.
- Design, develop and optimize data interface to enhance enterprise systems integration and reduce latency of data synchronization.
- Creates, Monitor and manages the RMDB, Big Data infrastructure and tools (SQL server, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, HBase, Hadoop, Zookeeper, Kafka, Hive, Oozie, Storm and Spark).
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Provide support for installation, monitoring, performance tuning, backup and recovery of the DB systems and ETL jobs
- Perform regular health check to ensure all systems are at good condition
- Work with management to prioritize business and information if needs
- Provide 24*7 on call support especially for P1 incidents
- Provide support for QA and testing environment
- Review relevant documentation for installation, configuration and administration of the databases, data interface and big data platform.
- Enforce database standards, guidelines and operational policies and procedures in accordance to
- 5+ years hands-on experience in enterprise database environment e.g. MS SQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Hadoop and MySQL, Progress database administration and/or development
- Knowledge and hand on experience on enterprise cloud environment and big data technology will be advantage, e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Kafka and Redis etc
- Develop experience on enterprise data integration platform will be advantage
- Gaming industry exposure will be advantage
- Possess relevant tertiary academic or professional qualifications
- Microsoft DBA certifications, Kafka, DevOps, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Hortonwork (Hadoop) or equivalent will be an advantage
Skills / Competencies
- Good problem-solving, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, dependable and quality oriented
- Able to work under pressure and tight schedule, independently and proactively
To apply or for more information, please visit our website:
Suitable candidates will be invited for an interview within 4 weeks of their application. All information collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.