Reports to Head of Legal and Compliance Department., this role helps to identify, manage and mitigate the legal and compliance risks associated with China Taiping
Life Insurance (Hong Kong) Company Ltd’s business operations. The key result indicators for this role are:
- timely, pro-active legal advice and legal and compliance risk management support
- drafting and negotiating transaction documentation with business partners, distributors and service providers
- advising management on legal and compliance risks associated with transactions and sales activities to high net worth clients in countries around Asia and globally
- Contract review – confidentiality agreements and services agreements
- Transactional support, including new business partner transactions, drafting and negotiating key agreements with counterparties
- Documentation review, including marketing materials
- Participating in new product development, including insurance policy forms
- Project support
- Developing and maintaining standard templates
- General legal advice to business
- Assist the Head of Legal and Compliance in ensuring that the product, marketing materials and sales flow are in compliance with all laws, regulations, procedures and
internal policies, with a focus on Hong Kong insurance related regulations.
- Distribution compliance: provide support to the distribution network and partnerships, maintenance of the necessary controls and perform controls/inspections on distribution
channels (i.e. broker,agency, other)
- Ensure sales process and workflow are complied with regulatory requirements
- Provide compliance inputs to training addressed to staff or distribution partners
- Provide advice to frontline and other relevant units on AML related matters
- Perform compliance risk identification and assessment
- Advise on the product development requirements and review products’ literature
- English and Chinese language skills mandatory
- Bachelor degree or above in Law, Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline and admitted to practice as a lawyer, preferably in a common law jurisdiction (e.g.
Hong Kong, Australia, England & Wales, Singapore, US, Canada, New Zealand)
- NQ – 2 years PQE
- Flexible team player, strategic-thinker, solutions-oriented, problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal, communications & presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to interface effectively with clients, other departments, diverse cultures and all levels within the organization in multiple jurisdictions
Interested parties please send a detailed resume, stating current and expected salary to Human Resources Department.
Information supplied will be treated in strict confidence and used in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Applicants not invited for interview
within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.