The Assistant Manager - Logistics Operations is to manage a Logistics Operations team to achieve industry best practice and match or exceed customer requirements
in the most cost effective manner.
- Lead a team of staff providing third-party Logistics service in Hong Kong
- Responsible for budgeting and managing the operation within budget
- Prepare monthly contract P&L with justifications and present internally and to the customer
- Co-ordinate with overseas operations to maintain operational and commercial parity
- Propose, devise and develop continuous improvement initiatives to benefit both the customer and company
- Implement new operations for the customer as required to accommodate growth and changing business requirements, e.g.
site selection, equipment installation, staff recruitment & training, etc.
- Maintain effective communications with subordinates, in-country management, the regional logistics support team and the customer
- Source and monitor the services provided by vendors / sub-contractors
- Manage the operation to meet or exceed minimum performance requirements agreed with the customer
- Manage internal system and procedure audits periodically
- Perform any special duties / projects as assigned by the management
Your qualifications, experience & skills:
- Degree holder in Logistics Management or Business Management
relevant experience in
managing international logistics operations, with 3 years
experience in supervisor role
- Experience in PRC
- Sound IT knowledge in supply chain solutions
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work under pressure
- Innovative, assertive, customer-oriented and analytical
- Knowledge of airfreight and ocean freight is an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Cantonese and Putonghua
- Possess core competences including leadership, managing change, target and result focus, entrepreneurial responsibility and team steering
- Manpower management, analytical and project management skills are required
- Work location: Tsing Yi
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your online application including availability and salary expectations.
(Please quote the Job Reference Number on the subject of your application.)
(All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.)
To know more about us, please visit www.dbschenker.com/cn