Reports to: Powerplant Procurement Manager
Indirectly reports to: Head of Procurement (Powerplants and Engineering Services)
This position will be responsible for improving the productivity and value of the category by supporting the definition and implementation of procurement strategies for the Aircraft Engine & APU and collaborating with client departments
to manage third party expenditure through demand management, category planning and supply relationship management.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
- Conduct market analysis to identify business opportunities and supply market trends which may have positive or negative impacts on the category.
- Support the development and implementation of the category procurement strategy to actively manage costs and deliver value in product acquisition campaigns and maintenance/support services.
- Lead sourcing process, from market research, RFP preparation, financial analysis (business case development), negotiation, evaluation and contracting.
- Identify and drive category opportunities in conjunction with client departments and the category manager.
- Develop strong supplier relationships and ensure suppliers deliver as per their contractual obligations with a focus on long term supplier relationship management.
- Assist and support the category manager in carrying out any other relevant duties which may be required.
- Ensure compliance to Procurement Policy and support E2E process reviews.
Qualification / Experience
- University Graduate. Business and/or aviation related degree will be an advantage.
- Strong background in Procurement and Category Management. A relevant professional qualification will be an advantage (e.g. CIPS).
- Relevant experience in supply market analysis, cost evaluation and contract management.
- Technical knowledge of Engine / APU products
- Commercial knowledge of Engine / APU maintenance solutions is desirable
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and basic contract law
- Strong negotiation, influencing and commercial skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of basic accounting principles;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to effectively develop relationships with cross-functional teams across a multi-level organisation.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective leadership and change management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement strategies;
- Demonstrated ability to build business cases (highly numerate with proficiency in excel and powerpoint is essential)
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Commercial Acumen
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application Deadline: 28 May 2019