The Assistant Student Support Manager / Senior Progression Advisor will be responsible for managing student retention and progression for the University’s students
as well as organise and manage various student activities. The Assistant Student Support Manager / Senior Progression Advisor will be line managed by the Registration and Student Support Manager and supported by the Assessment Management, Quality Management, Student
Registry and Scheduling teams.
The University of Sunderland in Hong Kong has ambitious targets to improve student retention as well as achieve excellence in our student service. The Assistant Student
Support Manager / Senior Progression Advisor has a key role in supporting this.
The primary duty of the Assistant Student Support Manager / Senior Progression Advisor is to
lead the student support team,
manage student progress in the key study stages and proactively follow up to achieve the KPIs of high student attendance rates, high submission rates, high student retention/progression rates, key student support tasks and projects
achieved on time. The key study stages and tasks include:
- Effectively manage pre-lecture support processes and communications with new students
- Work collaboratively with the Registry Officer to manage the new student enrolment process
- Manage the logistics of the induction (orientation) / other briefing sessions
- Manage the effective use of the University’s Virtual Learning Environment by students
- Work collaboratively with the Scheduling Officer to manage the student attendance record
- Monitor the student attendance rate and effectively communication and follow up by Progression Advisors with students to maintain study momentum
- Effectively manage the Student Support Team’s communications with students on assessment dates, assessment results and key University’s assessment
- Advise and assist Progression Advisors on dealing with students with special study requests, e.g. student’s deferment/leave request,
- Provide advice on academic assistance, e.g. direct students to the relevant tutor or the Programme Managers when students have questions and concerns
about their assessment/s
- Organise activities and interventions to assist students who have poor academic performance, including advising them about the University’s regulations,
directing students to attend assignment revision or writing workshops
- Work with Academic Support Team to organise communication with University academic staff when necessary.
- Report to the Registration and Student Support Manager
- Manage the Progression Advisors
- Implement University and partner institution policies
- Review existing processes, suggest and implement initiatives to enhance student progression as required
- Lead in planning and managing student activities (graduation, orientation camp, alumni networking, workshops etc.) for efficient delivery
- Effectively handle student concerns and/or complaints
- Monitor and manage Student Support Team manpower, performance and physical resources
- Assist in ad hoc projects, report preparation and other tasks assigned from time to time
The Right Fit
- Bachelor Degree holder minimum, Master Degree holder preferred
- At least 2 years proven experience in a similar post will be an advantage
- Energetic, strong organisational skills and results oriented
- Excellent command of English and Cantonese (written and spoken)
- Ability to work effectively within an ethnic, cultural and socially diverse student population;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills to effectively communicate and maintain effective working relationships with students, Universities’
staff, and academic partners in a courteous manner
- Proficient in the use of PCs and customer relationship management software
- Immediate availability is preferred
The Right Opportunity
- Located in Central CBD
- Competitive Salary for the right candidate
- Career growth will align with your performance and desire to achieve. We pride ourselves on developing our employees and promoting from within
- A comprehensive training program that will enhance your existing knowledge and prepare you for success in a dynamic work environment
- Applicants with insufficient student support managerial experience may be considered for the Senior Progression Advisor role.
Interested parties please send full resume with present and expected
salary and date of availability by sending email by clicking Apply Now. Short-listed candidates will be notified for interviews.
Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.