In KPMG's Advisory practice, we do not limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. We deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong and China is young and enthusiastic and always pushes itself to succeed. Since its creation, the team developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
Actuarial Advisory is a growing service area for KPMG and we are looking for an Associate Director to join our Actuarial Advisory practice in Hong Kong
We are seeking exceptional actuaries with strong communication and client service skills to join our Actuarial Advisory practice. KPMG’s Actuarial and Insurance Risk practice provides a broad range of services, including IFRS for Insurers, finance and projection system transformation, risk and capital management, corporate restructuring, transaction support, and audit support. We offer our actuaries the opportunity to work with risk, accounting, tax and transaction advisory professionals in diverse and exciting roles. We also have a supportive global network of actuaries (UK, Europe, US, Asia and Australia) that works together to serve our multinational clients.
As an Associate Director, you will provide guidance and lead the actuarial team. We are looking for actuaries with the technical expertise to specialise and the adaptability to provide services across a range of areas.
As an actuarial advisor in our practice, you will provide strategic and methodology guidance to our clients in Hong Kong, China, and countries across Asia, such as Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Vietnam. Duties will include:
- Delivering quality actuarial audit services, covering life insurance and reinsurance
- Supporting client on accounting and regulatory changes like IFRS 17, China C-ross, Hong Kong RBC, BMA
- Assisting on transformational and optimization projects like finance system transformation
- Providing services on risk and capital management like EC, ALM review, capital restructuring
- Performing actuarial due diligence in transaction projects; and
- Providing actuarial related advisory services, including appointed actuary service, actuarial modeling, product development, valuation, internal audit, etc
- Lead and supervise a specialist team to deliver high quality work within the budget and time limits. Communicate and work with partners and directors on key issues
- Manage and closely monitor the scope, timelines, budget and resources of the projects. Manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently
- Develop and maintain client relationships and play a key role in business development. Support partners and directors in business development
- Share your expertise with your peers and actively coach junior team members. Contribute to the career development of team members
- Build strong internal relationships within KPMG and across regions and other services
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of actuarial practices, both locally and internationally
- Minimum 9 years of working experience in life insurance either in consulting or corporate
- Fellowship member of an internationally recognised actuarial professional body
- Have in-depth knowledge in some of the following areas: finance / capital reporting, regulatory changes such as risk based capital and IFRS, financial modelling (e.g. Prophet, AXIS, MoSes), M&A due diligence, enterprise risk management or economic capital
- Language: 1) fluent or native English verbal & written 2) Mandarin (and / or Cantonees) verbal & written preferred
- Strong project management and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects under pressure and tight timelines
- Strong client management skills, with the ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent business and technical writing and presentation skills
- Strong people management skills. Ability to manage a team of specialists independently
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Ability to manage external and internal stakeholders effectively and efficiently
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2019 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
KPMG China operates in 19 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and territories, and have 200,000 people working in member firms around the world.