We are looking for an Associate Director in IT Advisory - Cyber Security Service for our KPMG Management Consulting practice who can plan, execute, and manage multi-faceted projects related to cyber security risk management, mitigation and response, compliance, control assurance, and user awareness. This role focuses on managing topical cyber security issues for our clients by helping them identify cyber security risks within the organization and defining strategy as well as carry out implementation of solutions to address the risk. They will be focused on developing and driving security strategies, policies/standards, ensuring the effectiveness of solutions, and providing security-focused consultative services to clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with senior management to lead the delivery of large and complex client cyber security engagements, including security strategy, policy and architecture, information privacy and governance, certification and compliance, business and technology resilience and security testing
- Maintain and manage relationships with senior client executives and engagement sponsors
- Manage client engagement staffing, financials, quality, and risk
- Build networks around the firm and develop leads from those relationships
- Define and build innovative solution methodologies and assets around cyber security services
- Run practice development alongside engagement management
- Recruit, manage, train, and mentor Advisory staff and adhere to professional practice requirements
- Be the knowledge leader in cyber security and contribute to the Thought Leaderships of the firm
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 8 years of IT security and risk experience, with significant experience in IT Security strategy development and execution, business development, sales, client relationship management, and team management
- Professionally qualified (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, OSCP or GPEN)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college / university in a Computer Science-related discipline
- Demonstrate ability to identify business opportunities, attract new business, and build lasting relationships with senior level executives
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drive and impact, coaching skills, team-player, financial acumen, attention to detail
- Personable and good at striking a rapport with a variety of personalities
- Strong networking capability (internal and external)
- Experience in confidently presenting to senior management and to facilitate discussion in a workshop environment
- Fluent in English. Chinese language skills would be an advantage
- Experience in consulting or, if from industry, with deep experience in cyber security
- Demonstrated success in leading teams within multi-disciplinary and complex projects
- Demonstrated success in working with various business partners to deliver end-to-end solution and built up good network and working relationship with system vendors
- Experience working in difficult circumstances delivering substantive, measurable cyber security projects in complex businesses
- Extensive experience and knowledge on application and infrastructure security, operations, enterprise networking, operating systems and database security evaluation and architecture
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2018 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
KPMG China operates in 19 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and territories, and have 200,000 people working in member firms around the world.