- Reporting to head of HK Procurement and Vendor Management
- Be the key point of contact for procurement related activities for Hong Kong business.
- Lead cross-functional teams for sourcing events based on global and local procurement policy.
- Liaise with Asia Procurement team and local subject matter experts (legal, compliance, operational risk informational risk, tax etc.) as needed.
- Work closely with Asia Procurement team to develop/enhance the underlying category Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) model and benefits tracking approach to be used
during the sourcing event.
- Identify procurement opportunities that will result in economic benefits/process efficiencies/risk mitigation.
- Deliver target savings and repot the results based on the developed savings methodology
- Solid experience and knowledge in vendor management including evaluating and reviewing vendors' performance, conducting analysis and reports.
- Monitor the vendor performance and contract implementation to ensure the procurement initiatives meet with relevant policies, regulations and code of ethics.
- Develop the necessary analyses to support the various category management activities
- Support roll out of procurement best practices within Company.
- Ensure compliance of contracting and procurement policies and proceduresEnsure compliance to procurement policies and procedures
- Negotiate contracts and commercial condition with suppliers
Technical and professional knowledge – demonstrated understanding of key commercial risks in procurement; knowledgeable of and can apply procurement and contract best practices;
effectively searches and uses industry and market insights
Excellent executor – proven project management skills; able to prioritize and juggle multiple and changing priorities; delivers sustainable results
Team builder – builds strategic partnerships with internal clients and vendors; able to lead cross-functional teams; builds buy-in and engagement with key stakeholders
Skilled communicator – communicates complexity with clarity and ease; articulates a clear view of concepts, ideas and objectives; able to interface with different stakeholders at
all levels; represents the company externally with confidence; skilled in both oral and written communication
Effective negotiator / influencer – interacts in ways that gain acceptance and commitment to desired outcomes; influences opinion of and resolves conflict with others with and without
direct authority; persuasive negotiator
Proven innovator – expert in identifying and implementing change management and business process transformation; consistently challenges the status quo; takes balanced risk to promote
growth of ideas; comfortable in high pressure environments
Collaborator – shares resources and leverages knowledge across the organization; builds and nurtures an extensive network
Problem analyzer – able to assimilate, synthesize and present complex information in a value-added form; attention to detail; evaluates feasibility and practicality of ideas
and options; takes ownership and makes informed and timely recommendation to internal clients