DEPARTMENT: Capital Markets Operations
In a dynamic and International environment, you will take in charge the control and support functions of the operations initiated by the GMD Front Office in Hong Kong, Asia satellites sites and the GULF (where possible based on the activity covered), from the negotiation and recording of the transactions. Your role will be to facilitate and to smooth the processing of the operations in the processing chains by ensuring an effective and relevant control process of operations. (Global Markets Division = GMD Business Lines: Forex, Credit, Treasury and Interest Rates Derivatives).
You will develop various skills: knowledge of financial products, knowledge of the financial market environment.
The position is based in Hong-Kong. You will report locally to the Regional Head of Global Markets Middle Office.
- Provide support to Front Office business lines under Global Markets Division during Asian trading hours.
- Ensure transactional integrity across trading applications, including 1st level trade checking.
- Perform trade modification, cancellation, and/ or trade event processing (ie: early termination, partial termination, unwind) upon trading approval and report profit and loss impact, if any.
- For Equity Investment Solution activity, handle dividend and cash flow processing.
- Provide an efficient post-trade support by ensuring trade information flows efficiently through deal processing from front office to back office system and front-office to front office system
- Investigate and follow-up of breaks sent by back office, front office and other internal departments.
- Provide Mark to Market from front office system to Client Services Team upon request and assist with related queries.
- Support local business development and volume increase.
- Provide additional tasks needed to secure the front office system when necessary.
- Monitor interfaces between different FO systems
- Provide FO or BO team with daily reports
- Ensure first point of contact for complex queries/amendments from the Front Office.
- Monitor the end of day checks on all related systems
- Inform team leader and Head of FIM Middle Office of any new request and process change. request
- Escalate without delay to Management on any unusual activity identified
- Procedures are updated with current processes
- University Degree holder from discipline in Finance, Mathematics or Engineering
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in FIM Middle Office environment is necessary
- Good knowledge of financial products and understanding of the operational risks involved in Fixed Income and FX products
- Good analytical, organizational and interpersonal skill
- Self-motivated and innovative
- Team Oriented and good judgement, alertness and common sense
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to details and a self-starter who is highly motivated.
- Good judgement, alertness and common sense
- Fluency in English. Proficient in French or other Asian languages a definite advantage
- Versatile with PC tools and applications, e.g. MS Office, VBA
- Occasionally required to work late shift and/or report duty during Hong Kong public holidays to support other branches
Please apply directly on JobsDB. A rewarding package will be offered to successful candidate.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.