'Hungry to make a difference? Then foodpanda may be the place for you!'
At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine customers’ food and shopping experience as a multifaceted online platform across the 14 countries we operate in. We’re all about bringing on the smartest and brightest minds as we continue to grow in a fast-moving and agile environment, and hiring those who can thrive in an energetic and hardworking start-up culture. We strive to become everybody’s most loved delivery platform, however, this won't happen without some really awesome people!
We are looking for a highly-driven and motivated Associate Payroll Manager to join our fun, professional and dedicated Finance Department based here in Hong Kong. The Finance team acts as a key contributor in managing foodpanda’s financial performance and internal control, while it also provides financial, legal data and procurement advisory to support our business growth. Wait no longer and join us if you want to make a direct and visible impact and contribute to large-scale success!
Know more about the team
You will be working as the core member in the Payroll team within the Finance department to manage day-to-day payroll operations. Besides maintaining data in the payroll system in a timely manner, the payroll team also participates in payroll analysis and new initiative projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform payroll functions, including but not limited to regular payroll, freelancer payment, final payment, MPF & tax administration, and work injuries compensation
- Ensure full compliance under local regulatory obligations and provision of seamless payroll services
- Act as a primary point of contact for staff enquiries regarding payroll matters, sales bonus calculation, and prepare various analysis reports for management review
- Drive process improvement continuously to ensure best-practice operation and assist in payroll system transformation
- Support daily operation, internal and external audits as well as process streamlining
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree holder in Human Resources, Business Administration or related disciplines
- Minimum 4 years hands-on experience in performing payroll functions and maintaining payroll system in MNC and E-commerce industries, and well versed in relevant statutory requirements
- Proactive, responsible, detail-minded with the ability to manage multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of C&B & payroll related policies and best industry practices
- Understand data analysis, and able to collect data from various sources
- Proficiency in G Suite and various HRIS, preferably with experience in using SAP / Workday
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Senior Payroll Specialist
- Be an energetic and flexible team player. Payroll is not just a number!
What We Offer
- A dynamic, fast paced environment
- A vibrant and international team with diverse background
- Steep learning curve in e-commerce & entrepreneurship
- Learning & development programs and skills trainings
- Flexible working hours and agile company with a flat hierarchical structure
- Monthly staff allowance and corporate discounts including at restaurants, gyms and many more
- Agile office environment with a fully-stocked beverage fridge and self-serve beer