Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our teams, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Our global, multidisciplinary teams equipped with a combination of experience/knowledge in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services, works with a dedicated professional on climate change and sustainability knowledge and experience in a wide range of industries. This team combination can provide you with tailored services supported by the EY global methodologies to address issues related to your specific needs. Wherever you are in the world, EY Climate Change and Sustainability Services (EY CCaSS) can provide you with professionals equipped with the specific skills and knowledge base that you need, to support you in reaching your sustainability goals.
Your key responsibilities
- Work with high-growth clients and other market leaders in industries such as retail, consumer products, media & entertainment, property development and management, education, health sciences, financial services and insurance.
- Work as part of the engagement teams in the development of efficiency and cost effectiveness out of the overall compliance landscape and the underlying Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) risk management including ESG reporting, risk assessment activities, risk transformation, ongoing governance and monitoring activities.
- Provide service on ESG risks management for the clients who has significant ESG risk in their business and operations activities, including supply chain management, food safety management and Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) management.
- Guide the teams in the developing tailored scope of services to clients based on understanding to clients’ operations
- Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers; gain acceptance on a wide variety of issues impacting the client
- Utilize technology and tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance service standards; leverage ideas from other project engagements to enhance knowledge and create efficiencies
- Bring potential opportunities to the teams' attention; seek, develop and present ideas to apply EY's services
To qualify for the role you must have
- University graduate with a minimum of 5-6 years of relevant working experience with other Accounting/Consulting organizations as a professional; or with commercial/public sectors as part of the ESG and sustainability functions
- Working experience in ESG /sustainability reporting and assurance, sustainability strategy are preferred. Knowledge and experience in key areas, such as: food safety, sustainability in supply chain, responsible investment, Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and accounting is a plus
- Familiar with businesses and operational workflows
- Familiar with consulting methodologies and requirements
- Extensive experience in financial services or other corporate risk management, with a focus on environmental and social risks
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form
- Able to interact effectively with both management and clients
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese; Mandarin is an advantage
- Travelling within China is required
What working at EY can offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our service. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes social insurance and housing, additional commerce insurance, a minimum of 10 days of vacation and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.