Our client is a leading global financial software house that's looking to hire a senior SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) that will help the product development team in testing out cutting-edge FXO tech. Tested products will be individually tailored to clients from top tier banks across APAC. The team is global and small, so the SDET will have exposure to all sides of the role (finance, middle piece and trading side).
The client has had over 30 years' experience providing pre-trade analysis, risk management, automated client price distribution, pos trade processing and innovative pricing solutions for the FX derivatives and financial projects. The brand produced is licensed at over 300 client sites worldwide with support from offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo.
- Own and Lead all aspects of testing for an assigned project
- Perform Scrum Master duties for the team
- Design comprehensive test plans and cases that cover functional and technical specifications, integration, compatibility, and performance.
- Review and implement software designs and API to facilitate testing.
- Design and develop robust, reusable and easily maintainable automation framework (in-house built) for C++, Java & Web based applications using best industry standards.
- Develop automation that adheres to industry standards for code design, version control and documentation.
- Provide automation development guidance to other test developers.
- Set up test environments and ensure that specified test sets are correctly executing on the proper code branches.
- Assist other team members with maintaining and troubleshooting automation scripts.
- Perform regular code reviews to verify automation code quality.
- Perform manual functional, exploratory and negative testing, documenting test scripts and automating for regression.
- Ensure that test reports provide information needed to quickly assess overall results and efficiently investigate failures. Document defects with steps to reproduce.
- Understand testing objectives and priorities and work with other team members to resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Participate in periodic release activities as required.
- 8+ years of experience as any ONE of the following:
- Developer with experience creating automation test cases and frameworks.
- QA with strong experience in development and programming.
- Experience working on Agile / DevOps.
- Performance testing and feature improvements.
- No relocation package for interested expats.
Good to have:
- Strong experience on trading systems.
- FX options even better, but open to other business lines too (Equity mainly in Hong Kong).
- FIX protocol.
- SCRUM Master certified.
- Java, C++ and/or Python
- Cutting edge new project with new headcounts across Hong Kong and New York.
- Global team, which will work on same system and share same resources.
- Small (yet reputable) company:
- Close family environment
- Exposure to working on all aspects of the system
- Ability to learn trading system, FX options pricing, trading, trading solutions, electronic trading.
- Stable company: Leader in the FX space for over 35 years.
- Good work life balance.
- Chance to work on other products in future, because they are acquiring other fintech on other business lines.