Live Events /Transmissions /Video Conferencing
General AV Meeting Room Support
- Assist with project management of live transmissions across the client's sites.
- Deliver high profile venue-based IPOs and results presentations.
- To provide technical support to specialised production and facilities companies during events when necessary.
- Provision of on-demand webcasts that are posted on client's intranet.
- Operate audio and visual equipment with the aim to provide high quality standard services for live events and other productions across client sites.
- Complete understanding of signal flow in both audio and video installations.
- Positioning, installation and operation of equipment in client venues and external sites when necessary.
- Coordinate a team of technicians and allocate tasks effectively for the successful completion of an event.
- Coordinate the flow of an event effectively amongst the various implicated sites (show calling).
- Video / audio conference setup and support.Best efforts should be made to ensure all sites are connected on time and receiving / transmitting good audio / video.
- Assist with support for video / audio conferencing problems.Investigate faults and recommend further actions to rectify.
Faults & Room Checks
- Ensure all multi-media / presentation rooms are maintained in good working order.
- AV equipment setup and support.
- Presentation / multi-media meeting room support, including duration support.
- Assist with support for multi-media broadcasting.
- Quick response to emergency / ad-hoc requests.
- Carry out regular preventative room checks, ensuring all equipment functions correctly in accordance with the room check procedure.
- To maintain records of equipment usage (when applicable), to make minor adjustments and repairs to equipment when necessary.Raise tickets for faults and liaise with relevant bodies for repairs of malfunctioning equipment.
- Proactive maintenance / reporting to ensure all AV equipment is always of the highest standard and functioning correctly.
- Assist with first line fault repairs.
- To carry out scheduled maintenance checks (room checks / power downs) and to write technical reports based on test results.
- Understand the standards of a current live event production and to be able to specify the appropriate equipment according to each event.
- Provide regular feedback on communication issues and service improvements.
- Focus on service / operational issues for review.Global Coordination
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with global counterparts within the client organisation.
- Hold and attend regular meetings within the team within the team to discuss service and operations issues.
- Possesses high quality communication skills, both verbal and written, and is capable of articulating information in a clear and concise way.
- Has a positive attitude to helping and assisting customers.
- Is of a calm temperament and capable of displaying a composed demeanor when working under pressure.
- Works as a solid team player and yet is self-motivated and capable of working alone.
- Manages time well and capable of organising their own workload and consistently meets and exceeds deadlines.Must be punctual.
- Willingness to learn and to demonstrate ability to progress their own career.
- Enthusiasm to task and role.
- Fluent written and spoken English (and Japanese for the role in Japan)
- Banking / Finance or Professional Services background.
- 1+ year working with call logging systems.
- 2+ year video conference systems experience.
- 3+ year show calling and managing the technical setup and delivery of live events.
- 3+ years advanced audio visual technologies.
- 3+ years sound technician experience including setting up and running analogue or digital sound-desks.
- 3+ years video technician experience including setting up and running a vision mixer and operating as a vision director.
- 1+ year and intermediary knowledge of Excel.
- 1+ year and intermediary knowledge of Outlook / Notes.
- 3+ years technical fault finding experience, preferably demonstrated through a service desk environment.
- Understanding of best practice in video / audio conferencing.
- Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner
- ITIL v3/4 Foundation
- AV / Event Management related degree (eg audio / vision / lighting / theatre production
- Vendor specific training and qualification in audio, vision and lighting, especially around Snell, Biamp, Yamaha digital soundesks, Christie Spyder, AMX etc.
- Infocomm CTS
What we offer:
AVMI provides services to leading organisations in financial services, legal, professional services, retail, defence, government, health and education sectors.
AVMI has focussed its business strategy on providing ‘trusted advisor' life-cycle services to clients with a significant portion of growth coming from international business.
AVMI has recently secured a place, for the second year running, in the Sunday Times International Track 200. This international growth has been enabled by AVMI's award winning Global Enterprise Framework of services, helping its multi-site clients to drive consistency and efficiency into their audio visual and collaboration facilities and services across all locations.
Having opened operations outside of the UK in Hong Kong, New York and Dublin, AVMI is planning to secure additional international locations in support of its clients' businesses.