Operations (OPS) - Banking Operations (RBWM)
Hang Seng's Operations is a team of experienced banking operations professionals who strive for delivering time-to-market, efficient and world-class processing services to customers, corporations, financial institutions and internal units.
Banking Operations, supporting account opening services, including customer due diligence and ongoing account maintenance
Should you join our Operations, you will focus on delivering excellent services through teaming up with fellow colleagues, business partners and Group Services Centers. You will work closely with our branch staff, relationship managers, product owners and IT teams. You will be developed with skills and mindset for process ownership, quality and risk management, high performance coaching, adaptive operating model and effective cost management.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our department as Banking Operations Associate (RBWM)
- Provide operational support including Deceased Customer Account handling, Bankruptcy Customer Account handling and Court Order handling
- Monitor offshore production progress and offshore output quality
- Support documents retrieval to facilitate the daily operations
- Prepare MI and progress reports and provide timely updates to management
- Engage in ad hoc maintenance projects
- University degree / Associated degree / Diploma in any discipline
- At least 2-5 years of working experience in back office operations with preferred
- Strong communication and analytical skills with ability to work collaboratively as a team
- Candidates who are immediately available are highly regarded
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, with strong computer skill preferred
All information provided by applicants will be used only for recruitment purposes and will be used strictly in accordance with the Bank's personal data policies, a copy of which may be obtained by the applicant upon request. Unless otherwise instructed in writing by the applicant concerned, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Bank and its related companies. The personal data of unsuccessful job applicants may be retained for a maximum of three years from the date when the job application is rejected and such data may be retained for a longer period if there is a subsisting reason that obliges the Bank to do so, after which the personal data will be destroyed.