Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their
finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative
and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as
In this role, you will
- Facilitate services which support the onboarding of new accounts, including Know Your Customer or Anti Money Laundering or Customer Due Diligence or Financial Crime Risk
reviews, account approvals, and operational readiness, that is accounts properly and accurately maintained in internal and external systems
- Provide support to business stakeholders.
- Ensure project monitoring and governance processes are implemented and adhered to down to site level.
- Direct, standardize and monitor Decision Systems Operations to improve performance utilizing best practices, strategies and standards.
- Improve processing efficiencies through re-engineering initiatives, improved process flow management and automation enhancement.
- Partner with Decision Systems Global and Regional teams to support initiatives and requirements
- Utilize voice of customer, feedback from the countries teams to improve customer experience and process execution
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ability to conduct Change and alter communication styles as required
- Ensure compliance and operational risk controls are implemented or in place and adhere to Group standards and policies.
- Cultivate a culture of Operational Risk and control awareness
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Typically qualifications would include an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Risk Management, Information System or a related field.
- Experience of project, system and process design, development and implementation
- Experience of managing multiple, complex projects.
- Experience in banking project management
- Has developed a satisfactory level of professional competence which helps to determine risk based solutions.
- Experience delivering Customer Originations and or Account Management software technologies. Specific experience with SAS Decision Manager, Provenir, Experian PowerCurve
and or FICO TRIAD would be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of Advanced Analytical model development, credit bureau, and financial services.
- Strong communication, influencing, decision making, analytical, project, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate well across cultures and in multicultural diverse work environments
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptability to change and changing work priorities and ability to drive results
- Adaptable to change and changing work priorities. Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve agreed deadlines
- Experience in practical application of a process improvement methodology such as lean, 6 sigma and failure demand
- Business requirements gathering experience of defining project charters, scope, business case including costs and benefits
- Ability to work on multiple items concurrently where required.
- PMP or Prince 2 certified highly desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000CFA1
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional
development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited