The Design and Initiation (D&I) team is responsible for defining, planning and mobilising the bank's most complex and strategically significant projects and programmes. The team are engaged directly by the bank's executive leadership to work across a wide set of challenges, ranging from defining and building innovative new products and business models through to mobilising multi-million dollar programmes across 40+ countries.
The Business Consultant's role is to support the engagement lead, interfacing with senior executives and taking responsibility for delivering high quality outcomes for the bank.
- Designing new operating models and business models to help the bank redefine its relationship with customers and staff.
- Bringing industry best practice and using critical thinking to challenge the status quo and to design compelling solutions. Articulating both strategic and programme delivered solutions and quick wins.
- Understanding market changes and the bank's strategy to develop business plans that balance short, medium and long term business demands.
- Bringing rigour and structure to the delivery process, by defining plans, roles and responsibilities, governance models
- Initiating the delivery of programmes and projects so that they are in state to be handed over to Project Managers from the Transformation teams post the project initiation phase.
- Creating a compelling vision and gaining buy in for activities from executive leadership down to front line staff.
- Facilitate stakeholders through decisions, consulting them, influencing them and by resolving conflicts and disagreement.
- Operate at a management level, working across global business and regions and helping the D&I team to maintain a global perspective on business transformation and consulting efforts.
- University level degree. MBA beneficial.
- Have proven experience working as a consultant to businesses at large complex organizations at a level one below Project or Engagement Manager or has recently become a Project or Engagement Manager.
- Experience in working independently and taking ownership for a workstream within a project or programme.
- Excellent problem solving skills including issue identification, hypothesis development, problem structuring, and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to business problems based on facts and data. Experience with Target Operating Model design work beneficial.
- Financial services industry knowledge. A focus in one or more areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance digital, payments, commercial banking and trade is beneficial.
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience in managing stakeholder requirements and design sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders and navigate an organisation using formal and informal networking skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Change Management methodologies beneficial.
- Cantonese and/or Mandarin skills beneficial.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.