Our client is a one of the market leader in provision of scientific & industrial equipment headquartered in Europe. As they are expanding across the Asia Pacific region, they are looking for a high calibre Regional Business Development & Product Specialist Manager based in Hong Kong.
Reporting into the General Manager in Hong Kong, your responsibilities will include:
- Generate and negotiate new income to agreed annual targets
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Responsible for the performance and development of Distributing Partners, Key Account and Target Accounts.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all Distributing Partners, Key Account and Target Accounts to build a more goal oriented sales force
- Delivering a tailored sales process to achieve targets /KPI's by generating leads, asking probing questions, using most appropriate features & benefits based on clients' needs and matching with a tailored solution
- Possessing drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are captured and explored
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect
- applications submitted for special pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Product / Application centric presentations:-
- Provide on-site product presentations, training and applications support for customers
- Comprehensive training / re-training for distributors in Asia
- Regularly present at seminars and exhibition technology sessions
- Interaction with Industrial & Life Science customers for new Applications
- Discuss product applications with customer and compile data as an application handbook
- Propose new white paper and case studies to HQ (for global use)
- Product & service development contributions - feedback based on customer applications requirements
- To publish journals with University partners / Global respectful customer
- Investigate Global KA's and ensure penetration into Asian accounts (KA in Asia)
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Identify & responding to Asia Tenders, & formulate procedure to participate, & with efficient & competitive bidding, in a timely manner
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, Science or related disciplines
- 4+ years of relevant experience in business development/product specialist for scientific instrument for both private & public sector
- Number driven mindset and analytical with P&L understanding
- Ability to build rapport and establish long term relationship with both internal & external stakeholders
- Good command of English language is mandatory, knowledge of Mandarin or any other Asian language is a plus
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with computer skills
- Attractive salary package
- Regional exposure
- Fast paced working environment
To apply please click on the "Apply" button or contact Ken Lam at +852 2919 6149 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, email your resume to [email protected] quoting ref no. HK147482. Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.