The BDS (Business Development Specialist) position is responsible for providing Sales Managers (and their respective assigned Travel Partners and clients) support in all selling activities. The goal is to ensure satisfaction and operational excellence, which in turn leads to increasing revenue performance. The Business Development Specialist supports Sales Managers responsible for working with a varied account base to assist departments in meeting or exceeding corporate growth goals via service support, telephone and electronic sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales Function: (Weight 70%)
1) Manage the communication of the organization with clients via means like emails, telephones, site activities, and websites etc.
2) Respond to inquiries made by clients about company products and services in a timely and friendly manner
3) Act as link between the organization and the clients to ensure clients take more interest in products and services rendered by the business organization
4) Undertake and monitor researches to provide highly needed support for the business development team
5) Keep frequency outbound call to inactive agent drive more business for organization
6) Provide required support for the organization’s business development management team, especially in activities relating to account management
7) Perform various tasks, like recording minutes during outbound calls, collect information and develop business opportunity
8) Develop operational contacts, which will provide needed support for the tasks undertaken by the organization’s business development team
9) Contribute to the management of the organization’s systems to ensure things are done accurately (e.g. Espresso, PCP)
10) Assist or instead of account manager handle small agents bookings (FIT) base on promotion from start to finish
11) As account manager’s back up take care of all business issue in sales territory
Support Function: (Weight 30%)
1) Conduct research and also make delivery on any intelligence that will have strong impact on proposition development for any new investment project of the organization
2) Develop good knowledge regarding priority sectors, like market routes and trends; this enables the organization improve on its effectiveness in service delivery
3) Assist the sales team of the organization to complete clients visit reports and system development
4) Manage reports and management information to ensure the company meets up with requirements made known by clients
5) Support the business development manager in sales support when required by him/her
6) Cooperate in positive manner to the growth of the organization by providing required assistance to relevant staff and organization’s partners
There are zero financial responsibilities associated with this job. Just to make sure the groups balance out to zero.
Qualifications & Skills: