Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfill your potential.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Business Financial Crime Risk Manager.
In this role, you will
- Analyzes information for assigned service area to determine if BFCR policies and procedures are being operationally followed.
- Interprets analysis to assist in understanding where BFCR policies and procedures are approaching risk of noncompliance.
- Completes straightforward policy interpretations and determines appropriate actions that maintain full BFCR compliance.
- Assists in the implementation, in conjunction with the line of business supported, of all Financial Crime Compliance related policies, procedures, systems, and controls as promulgated by Global RBWM BFCR
- Interfaces frequently with other regional teams to ensure two-way communication and information exchange.
- Discharges accountabilities by proactively assisting management in identifying and containing compliance risk, monitoring, reporting and certification, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Interfaces and collaborates with country BFCR teams, Line of Business staff and other Business Line FCC Compliance teams, other parts of the Regional RBWM Chief Operating Office, Systems and Data, Financial Intelligence, and Transaction Monitoring
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Strong understanding of retail banking business, banking operations and systems.
- Good knowledge of AML and Sanctions frameworks, policies and relevant guidance documents.
- Understanding of the HSBC Group structure and its corporate culture preferred.
- Significant experience in the financial services industry.
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues.
- Leadership skills to matrix-manage.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to lead change, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business.
- Ability to implement practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Ability to create positive work environment, engaging with colleagues from various cultures and backgrounds.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000CPPU
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited