Chief Financial Officer/ Finance Director
Our client is a fast-growing financial group with various business lines in private wealth management, asset management, securities, and Fin-Tech holding SFC licenses for type 1 (securities trading), type 4 (advising on securities trading), and type 9 (asset management services) providing domestic and overseas investment and financing financial services and asset management services for HNW/UHNW clients and corporate clients in Hong Kong, China and overseas.
The opportunity is to join as the Chief Financial Officer ensuring the timely and accurate financial reporting and analyses of the operational results and financial positions in conjunction with external advisors, management company accounting, tax, and reporting also with operations such as HR, vendor management, and office administration. The role will be supported by one staff reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
(Candidates with less experience will also be considered as Finance Director)
Report to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for:
• Lead the financial management team, with 1-2 staffs;
• Direct and analyze financial data to provide management information for policies making;
• Responsible for all administrating functions including tax, corporate secretary, HR (including Payroll), office management, Supplier management (minimal travel requirement expected); Overseeing the fund accounting and compliance functions in coordination with internal stakeholders;
• Review and assist in the preparation of financial resources rules and financial return (FRR)
• Maintain a budget of the Management Company and handle the bank accounts;
• Prepare on ad hoc basis management and investment reporting as required by CEO/Partners.
• Work closely with external parties, including but not limited to LPs, Business Partners, Vendors, Landlord, Auditors, Accountants, Tax Advisors, Legal Advisors and Fund Administrator.
• Serve as MIC under SFC definition
• University graduate and qualified accountant with a minimum of 7 years related financial experience
• Minimum 5 years’ working experience in auditing or financial/ management accounting
• CPA or advanced degree preferred
• Relevant working experience in the financial sector in SFC regulated corporation with license type 1, 4, 9 is preferred.
• Detail minded, result-oriented, self-motivated, well organized and able to work independently
• Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and under pressure. Self-starter with a strong tendency toward pro-active process improvement.
• Strong leadership, good interpersonal skills and is able to lead and motivate others
• Candidates with Mainland background or exposure would be an advantage.
Applicants for the above position must be proficient in spoken & written Chinese (including Mandarin) & English
PIN Con. is a one-stop consulting and recruitment company based in Hong Kong. We provide the all-in-one company secretary, compliance consultancy, start-up advisory & talent acquisition focusing on the Banking and Finance sector.