The Assistant will work closely with the Children’s Ministry Director in implementing the vision of Children’s Ministry to “Raise Children for God’s Kingdom”. He or she will assist the Director in implementing the smooth running of Kingdom Kids program every Sunday and Children’s Ministry events throughout the year.
* Assist in planning and execution of Sunday School & Creche program.
* Assist in Sunday School lessons and materials preparation.
* Assist in the planning, preparation and execution of Children’s Ministry events throughout the year i.e. Hallelujah Party, Book Fairs, Christmas Musical Rehearsals, Dress Rehearsal and Final Performance, Sunday School Teacher’s Training, Christmas outreach program, Sunday School Christmas Party, Christmas Eve & Day Family service, Community Services, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day event, Graduation Day, End of the Year Party, Sunday School Teacher’s Appreciation, Vacation Bible Study, etc.
* Assist with the administration aspects of Children’s Ministry, i.e, Sunday School Attendance, Registration Forms database, Events database, Events Promotion catalogues/flyers, etc.
* Assist with design work, stage props, event decorations, setting up and cleaning up related to Children’s Ministry and other church events as required.
* Assist in procuring materials and supplies.
* Required to be at church every Sunday and to lead Kids Worship and teach Sunday School classes if needed (training will be provided).
* May be required to work on Saturday and public holiday (compensation leave may be granted).
Tuesday - Friday 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM, Sunday 8.30 AM to 4.00 PM.
* Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Servant’s heart for the ministry with a teachable and open attitude.
* Highly motivated and action orientated; a strong work ethic; a get-it-done kind of person.
* Organised and hard working.
Union Church, nestled in the heart of Hong Kong Island, is an international and interdenominational English speaking Protestant church established in 1844 with a long and rich history. Union Church is a vibrant and stable church with thriving ministry and community projects. The church holds five worship services each Sunday – four English speaking and one Filipino service. For more information on Union Church please visit our web site: http://www.unionchurchhk.org.