PRIMARY FUNCTION/POSITION SUMMARY:
The primary function of this role is to act as the project manager for the execution of sales by monitoring and tracking all activities and elements related to incoming property.
The sale Coordinator manages the catalogue production process, all sale related deadlines and manages client paperwork and charges and ensure they are accurately reflected in Christie's systems.
The sale coordinator also acts as client liaison when appropriate to gather or dispatch consignment and property related information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Duties include but are not limited to the following):
• Liaise with clients as needed for all consignment related information, details, and issues
• Manage seller agreement and stock order creation and dispatch including gathering all compliance documents from clients
• Manage and track status of consignment paperwork to ensure compliance requirements are met and required records are maintained
• Manage shipping requests, including client approvals, export licenses, and scheduling
• Proactively track receipt of property and follow-up on open issues and missing items
• Manage Expertise, Restoration needs for sale including quote requests, client communications, status of service requested and related client charges
• Manage Property Movement: Request and track site transfers, local transfers, temp releases, transfer to third party, and hand carries, and provide appropriate information to central support group as required
• Manage and track client charges including all requests for creation through central support group and regular review of system data to ensure accurate reporting
• Manage and track all items details to ensure sale and catalogue deadlines are met and all compliance met; sit in on hilling sessions to monitor activity and required actions
• Prepare information for handoff to Post-sale Service team
• Chair Sale Update Meetings with Specialists and Cataloguers
• Manage catalogue production process including cataloguing, photography, essay writing, lotting up and copyright status and monitor and enforce all relevant deadlines; act as main point of contact and liaison with photography studio, production teams and Specialists
• Act as liaison to Operations for sale view and set up and prepare relevant assets, as required
• Manage reserve amendments and ensure relevant pre-sale documentation is sent to client
• Manage sale activities including client views, condition report dispatch, bids, and sale ticketing requests
• Manage and oversee sale interest
• Telephone bidding
• Manage post sale offer
• Convey approved post-sale item action to Post-sale Service team for execution
• Exceptional client service skills including strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Project management skills including ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple processes
• Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication.
• Ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups and sites
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Ability to creatively problem solves
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong knowledge of JDE, COS Media Library
• Strong knowledge of Excel and Outlook
World’s Leading Auction House
Christie’s is a name and place that speaks of extraordinary art, unparalleled service and expertise, as well as international glamour. Founded in 1766 by James Christie, Christie's has since conducted the greatest and most celebrated auctions through the centuries providing a popular showcase for the unique and the beautiful. Christie’s offers over 450 auctions annually in over 80 categories, including all areas of fine and decorative arts, jewellery, photographs, collectibles, wine, and more. Prices range from $200 to over $100 million.
Christie’s, the world's leading art business, had global auction and private sales. Our sales figures were driven by an increase in new buyers across all geographies coming to the market, including from growth markets such as China and through the Internet.
Christie's also has a long and successful history conducting private sales for its clients in all categories.
Christie’s has a global presence with 53 offices in 32 countries and 10 salerooms around the world including in London, New York, Paris, Geneva, Milan, Amsterdam, Dubai, Zürich, and Hong Kong. More recently, Christie’s has led in growth markets such as Russia, China, India and the Middle East, with successful sales, exhibitions and initiatives in Shanghai, Moscow, Baku, Beijing, Mumbai, Delhi, Jeddah, Abu Dhabi, Doha and Dubai.