Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Global Communications, designs and implements communications strategies which support HSBC’s business objectives, in line with our values, and
enhance and protect our reputation among key stakeholders.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as
Communications Manager, Commercial Banking.
In this role, you will
- Working within the regional Commercial Banking Communications team, reporting to the Regional Head of Communications Commercial Banking, Asia Pacific. Responsibilities encompass the full
spectrum of communications activities managed by the Global Communications function.
- Own, develop, plan and implement employee communications strategies using internal and external insights
- Providing communications advice and execution in support of HSBC's commercial banking strategy, purpose and values
- Support and develop engaging and meaningful communications plans including but not limited to staff events, amplification of media campaigns internally and support for complex business
- Proactively researching and crafting compelling stories from across the Commercial Banking network in Asia Pacific to develop engaging content for internal channels, frontline colleagues
and wider employee engagement programmes
- Work in close partnership with colleagues in global Commercial Banking Communications and with country communications teams to execute global and regional plans in country
- As part of a regional Communications function, the role holder will also collaborate actively with other regional business communications teams on content and planning that supports HSBC's
- Adherence to the global Media Relations Governance Policy
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University degree holder in related discipline
- Broad knowledge of communications trends and international best practice
- Strong communications experience and understanding of the financial sector, media environment and culture
- Proven ability to operate within a global matrix and prioritise competing demands
- Proven ability to align to a global strategy, whilst maintaining an awareness of local sensitivities and nuance
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills and ability to produce clear, engaging content across many formats
- Strong interpersonal skills and personal presence and credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Strategic planning and project management skills
- Experience with change management programmes will be advantageous
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and pressurised situations
- Proven crisis management skills.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000BIIV
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace
that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement,
which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited