Hello, we’re WorldFirst. We specialise in making international money transfer faster, simpler and cheaper for people and businesses with global ambitions. Our clients never stop. And neither
do we. To support us on our journey we’re looking to hire a Compliance Operations, Team Lead.
The World First compliance desk are responsible for monitoring the day-to-day requirements of our prospective and current clients ensuring legislative and business requirements are met. This
Team Lead role could ideally suit a Senior Compliance Associate looking to develop their career into a stepping stone people manager position.
- Leading a team of compliance specialist to ensure smooth running of the compliance operations team which is responsible for:
- overseeing the on-going Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements
- Monitoring of account activity through the transaction monitoring system and investigating any suspicious payments received
- Conducting account reviews on a regular basis
- Investigating and escalating of suspicious activities
- Building relationships and working with other WF teams to ensure any account issues in the client journey are timely resolved while maintaining effective compliance controls
- Acting as the key contact to drive process improvements, identifying and recommending actions to improve internal controls and efficiencies
- Participating in various projects and new business initiatives and providing compliance inputs to make processes/procedures work for the business
- Liaises openly with other business areas, functions and locations to ensure that a genuine understanding of processes, practices and policies is established
- Demonstrates effective time management and work organisation; engages in conversations with their colleagues to challenge priorities and agree a way forward effectively
- Raises potential risks and concerns regarding the decisions of others appropriately, in good time, and in a way that generates alignment
- Provides colleagues with information, data and advice to help them exercise sound judgement for the benefit of World First
- Contributes well to their team and works collaboratively and effectively across geographical, cultural and regulatory boundaries
- Good understanding of the Hong Kong & China financial services environment and regulation, especially the area of financial crime
- Strong ability to understand legal and regulatory requirements and to apply them to business practices
- Degree holder with relevant professional qualification preferred (eg. ACAMS, ICA)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant AML Compliance working experience in financial institutions
- Excellent command in both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Solid understanding of the Hong Kong & China financial services environment and regulation, especially
inthe area of financial crime
- Strong communication skills and able to work independently to exercise sound judgement
- Demonstrates effective time management and leadership qualities
Salary and Benefits:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including Mandatory Provident Fund; health, dental and life insurance; enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
- 20 days holiday, birthday day off, charity leave, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst
- Perks, including: free breakfast, Friday beer fridge, business casual dress code, annual company parties – and more!
You may learn more about our working environment and culture at this video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG5dx38v_KA
Please submit your CV (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to us.
To find out more about what it's like to work with World First or more job opportunities, please visit our website at www.worldfirst.com/en-hk/careers and https://www.linkedin.com/company/world-first/life/
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.