We are the only professional services organization who has a separate service line dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace.
Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to provide a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including Wealth and Asset Management (WAM), Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance and Private
Equity, we provide highly integrated consulting, assurance, tax, and strategy and transactions services.
The EY Financial Services Business Consulting team is continuing to grow and develop appropriate propositions aligned to market needs and demand,
in particular in the space of pensions including MPF, ORSO and other pension products to provide regulatory and strategic advice to our clients in the industry. With the upcoming changes in the MPF industry and the planned launch of eMPF platform along with
other related initiatives, it is an exciting time to be a part of one of the leading consultants in the industry to support the evolving MPF ecosystem. As a part of our team, you will provide a highly integrated broad array of consulting services to leading
providers who offer various pension products including MPF and ORSO. Our product and services include operating model review and design, Enterprise Risk, Regulatory Compliance, Operational Risk, Governance and oversight, and Product Design.
With so many offerings, you can develop your career through a broad scope of engagements with multiple clients across the industry, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding
leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Understand and develop operating model design for key WAM / pension providers
- Design various operating model components, underlying process designs using your understanding of the interdependencies between various components / participants of the pensions ecosystem
including trustees, sponsors, fund managers, custodians, asset servicers and member administration
- Risk management framework design and operational effectiveness including investment governance, service provider oversight, board and corporate governance
- Enterprise risk and controls consulting, including control design and testing
- Regulation and compliance consulting especially with SFC and MPF regulations
- Helping our clients to respond to regulatory criticism and ensuring regulatory preparedness
- Providing guidance on current and emerging best practices, including international trends
- Conduct important proactive assessments around the design and effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective consulting support developing an understanding
of WAM / MPF and ORSO regulations
- Coordinate regulatory submissions to SFC, MPFA, etc.
- Support large scale transformation programs, especially in WAM / MPF industry
- Communicating with senior industry stakeholders, including CxO level participants, and ideally presenting at industry forums and in pensions working groups
- Leading teams to achieve all the above responsibilities, which will include the set-up, design and operation of projects
What working at EY offers
- University degree majoring in accounting, information systems, business or legal related subjects
- At least eight years of solid experience in the WAM / pensions industry, potentially including work at
regulators or reputable international accounting/consulting firms with in-depth knowledge of operations, regulatory compliance and risk management. Candidates with lesser experience will be considered at a junior level
- Robust practical experience in the areas of internal controls, regulatory compliance, risk governance and operational knowledge
- Familiar with the regulatory environment of Hong Kong, ideally with experience in liaising with one or all the HKMA, SFC and MPFA
- Good knowledge in rules and regulations and operations as well as different products and services offered by Wealth and pensions industry
- Have supported a large-scale transformation program (post-merger integration, system implementation, business transformation)
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Ability to interact with executive levels of client and EY management
- Good influencing skills and stakeholder relationship management skills; Advanced conflict management/ resolution skills with Project coordination experience
- Strong report-writing skills, with ability to create and organize varying forms of business information while developing it into cohesive, meaningful, professional reports
- Support, training, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- A variety of roles and client experiences, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple client projects solving complex problems across financial services
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.