We are seeking a senior manager to lead our Hong Kong and China South Media Relations initiatives. In this senior position based in Hong Kong, you will work closely with EY leadership to develop and implement a regional media strategy to support the growth agenda of EY in Greater China. You will also work closely with the rest of the Greater China Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team and Asia-Pacific media relations team to ensure that media strategies executed are relevant to the market, aligned to our global business strategy and market leadership aspirations.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a sound understanding of EY’s business as one of the world’s “Big Four” professional services firms as well as the major markets in which we operate across Greater China. You must have strong leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to build effective interpersonal relationships with multiple stakeholders, working effectively in a matrix organization. Your superior understanding of the media in Hong Kong and China South, strong relations with the editors and journalists and skills in developing media content will be supported by a solid track record. Experience in professional services or a B2B marketing environment in Hong Kong or Mainland China is essential.
- Co-develop with Greater China leadership a strategic media plan that addresses geographic and sector market leadership goals
- Manage relationship with mainstream media, develop media messages, press releases, maintain media list, handle media requests, pitch media interviews and launch bylined articles.
- Effectively execute the external communications plan in Hong Kong and China South
- Deploy programs through appropriate channels including events, digital - social media/e-marketing/web, advertising and media
- Lead development of public relations strategies and plans for media, taking into consideration the dynamics with other significant stakeholders such as regulators, professional bodies, business organizations and potential employees
- Identify reputational risks and the ways they can be mitigated, working closely with senior leadership in crisis and issues management
- Track and manage the budget and ROI on activities
- Work closely with Global/Regional PR team on regional media initiatives
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in communications and marketing roles, with at least 6 years at a senior management level
- Excellent relationship with the local and regional media
- A tertiary qualification (preferably at post graduate level) in marketing, communications, media, journalism, or other relevant discipline
- Excellent written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Strong relationship management, influencing and problem solving skills
- Excellent persuasive and presentation skills; executive presence
- The strength of character to make and implement difficult decisions, if required. Collaborative yet assertive
- A change agent, who is able to manage ambiguity in situations where there may be several objectives and priorities. Flexible and adaptable
- Sound people management experience, particularly in managing virtual teams
- Imagination and creativity with the ability to nurture these qualities in others
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to understand the EY business and how a professional services business operates and grows