Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Finance team and you will help enable EY client account teams and management to run the business effectively. You’ll help to improve engagement profitability, manage enterprise wide risk and support market development activities. You will support EY planning, reporting and forecasting and analysis, or help EY people manage day-to-day activities, such as managing engagements, process and auditing time and expense or invoice processing. You’ll also work with other parts of our organization, sharing your financial experience and insights to achieve specific goals. You’ll get all the support you need to stay on top of regulations — and the advice and help you‘ll need to meet your own professional goals.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The successful candidate will be actively involved in supporting FSO Greater China business leaders, including service line leaders and partners. He/she is expected to understand the internal clients’ needs and coordinate the service of relevant finance services in a seamless fashion. He/she will collaborate with various finance support structures to provide analytical support, functional professional, reporting approaches, transaction processing, and sharing of top practices.
- Monitor and track financial results ( both TNR and GTER ) against operational and strategic objectives as well as historical performance
- Communicate with business leaders in a concise manner and offer timely insights from a forward-looking perspective with proactive recommendations for improvement
- Synthesize and communicate detailed financial information; highlight any potential risks which might impact service line performance and provide strategic input to support effective decision making
- Coordinate the process for various budget and forecast exercises by translating business projections into meaningful figures, including data processing, modeling and reporting
- Support RFL with the weekly management of the inventory, including impact from ERP, A/R provisions and WIP movement
- Supervise and review deliverables organized by FSO SL finance leads and provide technical support, knowledge and counsel to others within the finance discipline
- Execute ad-hoc analysis and data-mining projects as needed by leaders
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- University degree holder in Accounting or related disciplines; holders of CPA qualification will be an advantage
- Over seven years of relevant working experience, including three years in financial analysis and budgeting with supervisory role preferred
- A general understanding of the external services offered by the organization and the overall area/regional markets landscape would be beneficial
- Confident, detailed-minded with sound analytical and problem solving skills; able to demonstrate the ability to challenge assumptions and decisions in an appropriate manner
- Excellent communication skills in order to drive interactions that build trust and manage expectations with all stakeholders; experience in collaborating with teams across geographic regions
- Able to work in a self-sufficient manner, operating across multiple projects and priorities; strong time management and organizational skills to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel in preparing financial analysis and reports. Candidates with financial/budget modelling knowledge and experience will be advantageous
- Experience in financial software packages, including Hyperion Essbase, Business Objects and MS Access
- Excellent command in both English and Chinese; fluency in Putonghua will be an added advantage
- Candidates with less experience can be considered as Senior Officer