Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We're now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we're looking to recruit an Cost Engineer .You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
The impact of this role stems from three key pillars: Cost Modelling, Strategic Cost Management and process improvement.
Cost Modelling: Estimating the target cost of our electronic devices to optimise costs and serve as a tool for supplier negotiation.
* Clean-sheet development of strategic components and collaborating cross-functionally with product development and engineering to improve accuracy.
* Conduct cost / price analyses using statistical tools, market trend data and parametric models
* Assist in cost estimates for new and proposed product costs
* Manage EMS cost by partnering closely with EMS Managers and developing Total Cost Ownership Approach in collaboration
Strategic Cost Management: Manage the cost reporting process to ensure transparency, consistency and timeliness.
* Improve spend visibility through monthly category spend analysis and report.
* Prepare EMS quarterly pricing update and price projection
* Lead in driving costs efficiency.
* Conduct ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support the Category Managers.
* Prepare report on forecast spend, savings and cost savings opportunities
Process Improvement: Introduce new ways of working that are efficient, effective and promote collaboration across the key stakeholders
* Price update and productivity tracking
* Procurement Dashboards, Control Tower via Tableau
* Spend Reporting for Category Managers and Finance
* Cost Modelling
Essential Skills and competencies:
* A university degree preferred in Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, or Finance
* Experience developing automated cost models, cost database, cost factors, and/or cost estimating relationships is required
* Network, database, information systems, or software development understanding is a plus
* Experience in electronics or plastics industry and contract manufactures is a plus
* Advance proficiency in MS Excel
* Project Management and working knowledge of Tableau is a plus
* Fluent English is a must
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
* Consistently displays a customer centric approach to work and highly adaptable to changes and ambiguity
* Creative thinker that is able to anticipate changes and produce solutions
* Comfortable to work in dynamic cross-functional teams and in a multi-cultural environment
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Mar 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI's heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 47 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.