What is Beta Labs?
Beta Labs was born out of The Lane Crawford Joyce Group, serving the most iconic clients in the retail industry specifically in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle businesses. We helped brands and retailers with presence in Southeast Asia and Greater China region with Analytics and AI / Machine Learning to achieve operational excellence and personalised customer experience, solving AI / Machine Learning problems on customer personalisation (e.g. Recommender) and optimisation (e.g. Supply Chain – Planning and Merchandising). We aim to develop new data products, which can be the best in Asia tackling retail vertical business problems.
The Lane Crawford Joyce Group is Asia’s pre-eminent luxury lifestyle Group, with more than 450 points of sale and 1.5 million active luxury customers across Greater China and online. Its companies are internationally recognised as benchmarks for retail innovation and creativity. Business Units: Lane Crawford, Joyce Fashion, Joyce Beauty, Pedder Group, ImagineX, Christian Louboutin, Alexander Wang, Sacai, Brooks Brothers, Canada Goose, Club Monaco, Aveda, Augustinus Bader, and more. The Group is affiliated with Wharf, Wheelock, and CitySuper, which are the leading retail conglomerate in Asia across malls, properties, supermarket, and hospitality, if not global.
You will be working with the best and like-minded data talent in town from McKinsey, Asia Miles, Deloitte Digital, Amazon, and with the modern big data infrastructure on Hadoop and Spark. Our research team has published more than 30 papers.
You should possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about data analysis with a focus on the end user, we’d like to hear from you. You have to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Being the Data Analyst, you will:
- Develop visually attractive and user-friendly data visualisation design and implementation on BI tools and web-based platforms
- Design and define metrics in formulas based on high-level business decisions and project context
- Optimise user experience in interpreting data through data visualisation and metrics
- Get familiar with data definition and business metrics definition, use wisely
- Work on Pre-AI/ML model data exploration to support Data Scientists on identifying the right features, quantify potential business uplift impact, and measure current business performance of as-is before AI/ML
- Based on model output, prepare user friendly and layman presentation of AI/ML prediction
- Conduct AI/ML model post-mortem analysis such as model monitoring and alerts, A/B testing uplift, etc
- Generate results with various testing methods (A/B, multi-variate) to measure and validate impact before full automation
YOU NEED TO BE…
- Bachelors / Master’s Degree in relevant field (i.e. Business Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Econometrics, Information Systems)
- 0-2 years of experience, fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Proficient knowledge on programming language such as Python or SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience with data visualisation tools/packs such as PowerBI, Tableau etc
- Exposure in statistical concepts, such as distributions, hypothesis testing and regression is preferred
- You love to learn and experiment, and ask “why don’t we try this”, constantly keeping track of best possible approaches or even new product features
- You are collaborative, intellectually curious, fun, and open-minded
- You are intellectually curious and enjoy geeky conversation, while able to have fun and a few drinks
- You are creative and always seeking for new knowledge to feed your curiosity
- You are process-driven
- You work well with people and able to understand human intention
- You communicate well
- You are able to bring structure to ambiguity with strong logical thinking
- You have strong business acumen and are able to understand business KPIs, potential pitfalls, and what your clients actually care about
- You love starting your own business and constantly brainstorming on new business ideas
- Nice to have: basic causation and correlation analysis.
- Proficient in English
WE OFFER YOU…
- Up to 15 days annual leave
- Public holidays
- Birthday leave
- 5-day marriage leave
- Dental care
- Medical insurance
- Professional retail training
- Annual bonus
- Staff purchase discount
- Monthly MPF contribution up to 10% of salary
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and only be used for recruitment purpose. The Company may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within the associated Group of companies. For more information of ImagineX Group, please visit our web site at http://www.imaginex.com.