Starberry is building big data and predictive analytics capabilities to enhance the location intelligence services of our Starbeacon platform. Over the last 2 years, our Starbeacon platform
has been deployed in numerous locations ranging from retail shops to mall complexes and transport networks including the Hong Kong International Airport. And the network is expected to grow exponentially in the second half in the coming 12 months.
We are seeking a Data and Analytics Manager to lead and grow a team to design, develop, and implement robust high-quality data solutions for new and existing projects within an agile environment. The
successful candidate will be a creative problem solver and excel at uncovering insights relating to geolocation and new retail.
- Manage a team of data scientists and analysts.
- Take the overall responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of location intelligence data projects, including requirement gathering and analysis, design of report templates, data collection,
defining data model and ETL requirements, overseeing the development of data algorithms and machine learning models, data visualization.
- Work closely with product team for the development of our own data products.
- Develop our capability to extract data insights from petabytes of location and non-location data.
- Present data insights to senior management on a regular basis
- Assist the preparation of the bid submission for data-related tenders.
- Provide the technical and business aspects of data science training to senior colleagues and management
- Drive data-related initiatives
- Define and enforce the data and privacy policies for our data products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Statistics or related disciplines
- At least 2 years experience of team management
- Experience in communicating with senior management, various functional teams and business units, external customers
- Strong commercial sense and analytics skills
- Experience in managing all aspects of data science lifecycle such as requirement analysis, data mining, data cleansing, data exploration, data visualization and presentation
- Experience in advanced analytics and machine learning based prediction will be a great advantage
- Knowledge of cloud services, computer languages (e.g. Python), visualization are beneficial but not mandatory.
- Knowledge about Big Data tools on the cloud is a plus
- Knowledge about iOS and Android is a plus
Interest parties please apply in full resume including current and expected salary