About Your Role
The Data Solutions Specialist manages our customers’ variable data for printed labeling. Examples include price tags containing data such as item prices, sizes, and bar codes as well as care and content labels – either printing and shipping to the customer or enabling the customer to print themselves. This process requires taking data from our customers’ IT systems and integrating it into Avery Dennison’s software solutions, which enable the variable data (prices, sizes, etc.) to print correctly on tags and labels. The process includes collaboration with Sales forming the general strategy, conducting software demos as needed, and serving as the customer-facing variable data expert. Once an opportunity has been identified that will require variable data and/or online ordering, the DataSolutions Specialist engages directly with the customer to analyze their existing business data systems and take the technical steps to map and integrate the customer's’ data into the Avery Dennison system/software. This role analyzes how data (prices, sizes, etc.) is input into the customer's system, what it means while in their system, and how we can map the data into Avery Dennison’s systems to enable printing.
- Function as a primary and direct point of contact for retailers and brand owners to provide critical business/technical analysis for development needs related to variable data products and online ordering solutions
- Provide guidance to customers and internal teams on optimal solution for both parties
- Investigate and resolve customer and production issues through use of systems or communication with production sites and various support teams
- Prepare project plan to coordinate the activities with the customer as well as Avery Dennison internal teams to establish data transfer and/or successfully deploy online ordering solutions. Identify and manage to the project milestones and ensure dates and quality are met for new programs/changes to program ordering solutions
- Prepare Statement of Work hosting functional and data requirements for program design, schedule, and implementation
- Lead calls with IT, Sales, Development & Ops teams to ensure all requirements are understood and fulfilled
- Ensure variable data programs and amendments are implemented on time across global locations utilising agreed tools, systems and processes
- Ensure functional and data requirements needs are met by preparing a test plan and performing end to end testing which may include final User Acceptance Test (UAT) with customer
- Provide direction to Customers and to Sales concerning variable data product lines and backend systems supporting operations and ordering solutions that optimize customer’s global trim supply chain; attend customer meetings to discuss and present solutions
- Build and maintain data structure and production information into front end system and customer ordering page in the online ordering solution.
- Collaborate with Commercial and internal product development teams to ensure artwork and variable data requirements are fully captured using the DRF tool
- Collaborate with Operations teams and provide training to enable effective roll out and ongoing troubleshooting to resolve issues
- May provide coaching and support to other team members
- Support or take the lead on strategic, high growth, complex or new accounts
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions (RBIS), a global leader in providing end-to-end solutions in the apparel and footwear industry, is a $1.5 billion division of Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY). RBIS provides intelligent, creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global supply chain. RBIS helps elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments, packaging solutions and woven components that enhance consumer and product appeal. It accelerates performance through radio frequency identification (RFID)-enabled inventory, loss prevention solutions, consumer engagement, price management, printer and labeler products, global compliance, intelligent labels and brand security solutions. RBIS serves the global marketplace with operations in 50 countries, across six continents. For more information, visit www.averydennison.com/RBIS.