Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Digital Operations Lead.
In this role, you will
- Ensure that governance is properly applied to all programs in Hong Kong Digital in line with Group standards.
- Accelerate the enhancement of Hong Kong Retail Banking and Wealth Management Digital operating model to make it easier for our people to deliver the banking experience our customers expect, support stronger relationships, revenue growth and keep our costs down.
- Lead the definition and delivery of complex internal comms to ensure organizational alignment
- Initiate and control a Chief Operating Officer office function
- Provide project quality reviews on a periodic basis across all work streams
- For individual and team output, maintaining an excellent level of throughput, and ensuring quality standards are maintained. Following established best practice in development, testing and any management responsibilities, and ensuring process, product and systems efficiency is positively impacted.
- Build long-term relationships with all stakeholders and strategically influence and leverage the matrix organization to achieve business results.
- Ensuring the team is meeting and exceeding cost management objectives, ensuring that demand for order book funding as well as direct cost funding is fully understood, controlled and properly negotiated and represented with key figures.
- Oversight of our digital risk and issue management processes. Ensuring that the bank is protected by staying within risk appetite and that digital transformation is not impeded.
- Developing the organization structure and the corresponding governance structures at scale and concurrently driving adherence to global conduct practices.
- Supporting management information within the framework of delivering globally consistent performance standards on business management across the verticals of the department Channels, Products, Innovation and Partnerships, Smart Banking will be necessary.
- Ad hoc and strategic projects, including identifying and developing new streamlined processes to improve operational efficiency across the team
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Be able to work independently and have the gravitas and acumen to work with business at the Senior Management level. They should be confident to challenge stakeholders where appropriate
- Be easily accessible and available to support global business sponsor needs, ensuring they are reactive to Retail Banking and Wealth Management Digital needs. Typically he or she should have high energy and sense of urgency with the ability to learn quickly and assimilate information
- Be able to cope and bring structure to ambiguous situations and problems. He or she will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work.
- Possess with the ability to move between modes of thinking such as strategic to analytical to drilldown.
- Proven experience of motivating and influencing others to deliver exceptional performance and long terms results
- Self-awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Experience of personally complying with business processes, rules and regulations
- An individual with a strategic and innovative approach, comfortable with a high level of ambiguity prepared to relentlessly drive through extensive change to an aggressive timeline.
- Experience in providing thought leadership, and driving a complex change agenda, and an ability to challenge the status quo.
- Experience in the management and development of reporting in areas of Operational Business Management, comfortable carrying out detailed analysis of qualitative and quantitative data to identify and present key themes and trends.
- Experience of working in a large and complex multinational organization that builds products and services
- Experience of working in a large Digital organisation and an understanding of the material differences of Digital Banking to other Banking divisions.
- Experience of working in an agile environment with cross functional teams.
- Previous consulting experience would be beneficial.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000CQVQ
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited