Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you will continue to be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, remember how diversity drives success right here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and
build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as
Digital UAT Manager.
In this role, you will
- Building a high performance team in accordance with Quality Assurance principles
- Supervision and direct leadership of Quality Assurance team activity ensuring standards are met
- Escalation point for programme issues and concerns
- Supporting the delivery production line development, testing and implementation ensuring digital deliverables meet business requirements and are fit for purpose to release to customers
- Management and coordination of Quality Assurance testing activity working with other teams to achieve
- Ensure Quality Assurance Testers in the Product line are adopting and utilising available Digital testing tooling and processes
- Ensure Quality Assurance test scope is understood , agreed and achieve across all programmes
- Allocate or review resource to support various activities
- Provide or review and validate estimates provided where appropriate, challenging any concerns
- Ensure project journey meets business and customer standards highlighting appropriately issues or improvements during requirements or testing phases
- Challenging appropriately with a view to get the right result for the customer
- Accountability for ensuring effective tests to cover requirements and customer behaviour to ensure defects are caught and do not make it through to live
- Direct Leadership of up to eight full time employees
- Management of testing activity or resources across a portfolio of projects or initiatives.
- Indirect leadership of supporting resources such as Non functional and Automation Testers
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and other teams to ensure speed to market following agile practises
- Share best practise and knowledge across test teams, demonstrating clear improvement in your performance or behaviours or advocating role model behaviours to peers. Buddying or coaching new starters
on the processes and Quality Assurance discipline
- Adherence to mandatory objectives
- Alignment of activity to departmental governance
- Highlight any risks or improvements to departmental policies
- Quality Control
- Adoption and use of Global Test standards and processes
- Proactive and reactive resource management and ensuring specialists are identified and are able to support testing activities
- Identification of key risks, issues and interdependencies and providing appropriate mitigation strategies or escalating as appropriate.
- Contribute to defining test governing standard set by Quality Assurance discipline to and ensure team follows
- Operation within Digital governance structures
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Excellent knowledge of the testing process, digital channels, and customer expectations
- Past working experience in a relevant Quality Assurance roles such as Exploratory Quality Assurance Lead or Manager
- Good understanding of project methodology, frameworks and best practice
- Knowledge of the Agile development methodology and experience of working using these techniques
- Working knowledge of test tools such as Jira and Confluence
- ISTQB qualification
- Excellent relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- Pragmatic decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments based on a range of factors, such as commercials, risk, customer experience, determine the implications and make recommendations
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues
- High levels of resilience and self motivation
- Strong analytical ability and experience with excellent attention to detail and the ability to see things through to completion.
- The ability to quickly understand customer and operational considerations such as risk
- People leadership experience which is motivating and inspiring others to excel
- Strong performance management and team development skills
- Be Innovative with the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000CVTT
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible
working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited