Dynamics of the Role
We’re looking for a dynamic individual to establish and lead the TU insurance vertical in Asia Pacific where the use of analytics and credit data is established in risk assessment and now intensifying in all areas of the insurance lifecycle. TU Insurance a high growth vertical, where double digit growth has been achieved for the past 4 years in our international markets. In order to continue this success; the Advisor of Insurance must leverage their blend of business, analytical and financial acumen along with a strong technical understanding and client centric out of the box thinking.
How You’ll Contribute
- Financial and Planning: Defines strategy for the vertical. Achieve financial goals while controlling expenses. Lead complex pricing and contract negotiations for assigned clients. Forecast accurately. Responsible for maintaining documentation of our sales process and ongoing prospective client interaction through corporate InTouch (salesforce.com), including updating Client profiles and contacts as required.
- Leadership: Provide thought leadership role to TU organization on new product innovation, industry opportunities, specific to client businesses. Is an acknowledged leader through demonstrated results in building organization capabilities: modeling and coaching sales excellence, possessing client passion and expertise, demanding delivery of results. Effectively works across the TU business groups to facilitate individual and corporate business objectives. Leads with alignment, gains trust and is acknowledged as creating win-win situations. Resolve organization issues among peer and business group VPs. Experienced in managing and leading in matrix structure. Develop best practice sharing within team and across TU organization to improve efficiencies and knowledge transfer. Provide coaching and targeted development plans
- Client and Stakeholder Management: Leverage existing networks in the management and development of new and existing relationships across the insurance sector. Manage and lead the external planning process with key clients, industry bodies and partners in order to build the insurance brand and establish TU as a partner in insurance analytics. Manage the account team, solutions consultants and subject matter experts to identify the relevant Critical Business Issues (CBI), then prioritize and position TU resources and expertise to effectively solve for these CBI’s. Drive organizational alignment across the shared services to client priorities, action steps, project timeline and proposal delivery. Ensure continuously consistent value delivery on current and new client projects. Ensure issue resolution on all client issues (quality, pricing, resources, etc). Lead documentation of issue root cause and resolution.
- Business Development: Manage and monitor status of individual client opportunities and sales plans to guarantee proposal development, delivery and project sale. Lead sales de-brief on all key projects to capture learning, next steps and opportunity identification. Effectively deliver value and TU brand strategy within all client deliverables: RFP document, RFP presentations, etc. Oversee the orchestration and appropriate involvement of subject matter experts on complex solutions. Ensure account penetration by increasing depth and breadth of TU solutions across customer organizations. Work with team members to develop alternate sales strategies on stalled opportunities. Negotiates contracts where appropriate to facilitate product availability and to ensure contracts fall within acceptable parameters. Prioritize existing and potential client base that provides TU with the greatest opportunity to sell more solutions. Review achievements against objectives and analyzes programs for effectiveness modifying where necessary to drive results.
- Functional: Partners with appropriate technical and subject matter experts to best address client opportunities. Keeps technical and subject matter experts fully engaged in the client selling process and defines required role for all team members within each project. Guarantees team alignment, if applicable, communication and resolution of any issue between business groups. Collaborates with Senior Management in forming and implementing plans to identify opportunities for existing and new business that result in increasing market share and profitability. Builds a network of industry resources and serves on panels and boards on behalf of TU. Represents the organization by attending industry conferences to identify / explore new business opportunities. Keep abreast of industry, legal, and competitive trends and understands their impact on company objectives. Work closely with internal TU associates and customer to understand and communicate industry legislation and market impact to ensure adherence to compliance regulations. Facilitate legal contract process.
What You’ll Bring
You’ll bring your tenacity and leadership expertise along with at least 10 years’ experience within the short term insurance industry. An in depth understanding of the personal lines market is critical for this role along with:
- A good understanding of the Insurance Domain
- The tenacity to change an industry and move it to best practice
- The capability to be the face of this change and be a HK insurance thought leader
- The ability to consult and manage complex client relationships
- A good technical understanding of the role of data and analytics in the insurance space
- A strong blend of business and analytical acumen along with excellent financial acumen which includes reporting, budgets, ROI, strategy and forecasting
- Extensive management and leadership expertise with the ability to motivate and inspire the team
- An innovative and positive mindset
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We’re on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested candidates, please forward your resume and indicate current and expected salary by clicking apply now below
Data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes only.
You can also visit our LinkedIN career page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/4310/careers?trk=job_view_topcard_company_image