FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed ‘A3’ by Moody's and ‘A’ by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received ‘A’ rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
The Director of Data Centre will have a number of critical responsibilities focused on partnering with business, managing vendors, governing services, leading infrastructure projects, scaling processes and innovating disruptive solutions.
Partnering with the Business
- In conjunction with other members of the Information Technology team, be a trust advisor to internal leaders by translating business strategies into actionable technology roadmaps and project plans
- Lead the technology planning activities, bring current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and best practices (e.g. ITIL) as related to the needs of business
- Demonstrate ability to partner in a matrixed organization to drive key critical decisions and resolve complex problems
- Identify the right balance of in-house versus outsourcing to meet the demand for services
- Negotiate favorable solutions, costs and terms with reputable vendors
- Manage the vendors for architecture, design and implementation of the servers and network infrastructure to provide 7x24 operation with high availability systems
- Govern the service quality from the vendors with a regular interval
- Review and monitor infrastructure budgets
- Drive effective governance and engagement with partners and suppliers to ensure cost effectiveness and timely deliverables
- Keep informed of issues and risks across the whole technology organization, anticipate impact and mitigate risks
- Establish an appropriate service management model for ticket handling, monitoring the quality and SLA, root cause analysis and ease of reporting for track record and audit review as needed
- Establish process of Service Request, Change Request, Incident and Problem handling
- Define the escalation requirement and process flow
- Manage incident and change communication
- Manage the performance of IT hotline
- Establish and maintain appropriate operational tools, monitoring methods, and reporting to determine and track record needs and trends for support, issues and capacity
- Drive customer service mindset measuring success using goals
- Infrastructure service levels for the Company’s wide user community
- Establish a culture of engineering excellence while maintaining a strong focus on operation quality
Innovating solutions that disrupt outdated or manual practices
- Be a change agent and innovative problem solver who can generate scalable solutions to business problems with speed, agility and high quality
- Establish and manage senior level technical relationships with strategic vendors to feed the innovation process as well as ensure the delivery of initiatives
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to create an unparalleled corporate infrastructure experience that represents our culture
- Foster innovation and support associates to bring forth creative solutions
- University degree in computer science or equivalent
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience, with a minimum of 10 years in a leadership role with direct technical responsibility for infrastructure management
- Experience deploying best in class infrastructure methodologies including high availability in financial institution
- High level of technical understanding and competence across multiple intersecting disciplines to be able to quickly analyze situations, correlate ideas and make decisions on issues and resolutions
- Experience creating infrastructure as “a center of expertise” and “as a service”
- Track record of regular interaction with senior level executives
- Expertise in negotiating complex contract and managing outsourcing service agreement including design and tracking of Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Experience with ITIL or ISO27001 is required
- Experience in datacenter and office network designs using best practices and tools
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.