Banking Advisory is a core service area for KPMG China and we are looking for Director to join our Risk Consulting practice.
Our regulatory change team advises clients on the impact of the changing regulatory landscapes on their business models and supporting them through that change: including market risk, credit risk, capital, solvency, liquidity and customer centricity.
We provide a broad range of services to client which include
- Gap analysis and impact assessment covering all aspects of regulatory requirement and change in Investment, Retail and Private banking
- Key areas of interest include credit, market & operations risk and associated organizational reform
- Risk and regulatory target operating models
- Implementation of processes, tools and controls that support our clients with ongoing compliance efforts
- Develop relationships at the highest level and leverage those relationships to develop business for the firm
- Lead major engagements and be a critical sounding board for engagement teams servicing the client base, which requires technical, management, and project management skills
- Build a network of contacts across the global firm and leverage this network for the benefit of the firm and its clients
- Take a significant role in sharing knowledge and supporting the development of other team members
- Act as a subject matter expert in advising clients to maximise benefits while reducing risks
- Play a significant role in staff development through training and sharing knowledge on a national, regional and global basis
- Being passionate about areas of expertise, managing your own development by learning continuously from experience and seeking out development opportunities
- Build and maintain strong relationships and networks with both clients and KPMG colleagues
- Run workshops and client sessions on a range of financial risks issues.
- A degree holder in relevant disciplines
- Relevant professional qualification and minimum 10 years relevant experience in the financial services industry, multi-national banks, consultancy firm or regulatory bodies (HKMA / SFC)
- Expertise in at least one of risk core areas, e.g. credit risk, market risk, operational risk, Liquidity risk, risk modeling and local banking regulatory compliance issues
- Strong leadership skills and a high level of professional maturity
- Good business acumen, resourceful and a strong sense of business development
- Ability to work at pace whilst delivering pragmatic and high quality outcomes
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Spoken Cantonese is a must, Mandarin is preferable but not essential
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2018 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
KPMG China operates in 19 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and territories, and have 200,000 people working in member firms around the world.