For one of our clients we are currently looking for a Director Risk Technology.
For an American Fortune Global 500 and Fortune 500 company whose subsidiaries provide insurance, investment management, and other financial products and services to both retail and institutional customers throughout the United States and in over 40 other countries.
They are looking for someone to help develop a regional Technology risk framework. So someone with broad technology risk management experience, particularly with complex organisations and environments.
They have a strong preference for candidates with industry experience. In addition to technology risk management knowledge, ideally cutting across cyber security, infrastructure management, application development, third party management, data governance.
You will be starting as a single contributor in this position with the possibility to add 2/3 people to the team.
- Development and ongoing maintenance of IT risk inventories
- Facilitation of risk and control self assessments
- Creation and monitoring of key risk indicators
- Monitoring and tracking risk events
- Tracking issues and associated actions plans to closure
- Reporting and tracking privacy events
- identification and analysis of emerging risks
- Preparing management / executive reporting
- Providing assurance and guidance over the general activities and concerns of the organization's information technology function including: governance, policy, control design, general operational effectiveness and internal controls.
- Identifying and evaluating business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.
- Demonstrates proven success in a role that emphasizes the following: IT Risk Management, Governance and / or Information/Cyber Security.
- Demonstrates domain knowledge of IT infrastructure, application development / SDLC and / or information security
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrates an ability to work in a collaborative environment and influence others
- Strong project management skillset
- Detail oriented and strong communication skills
- Industry experience in financial services
- 3+ years experience in information systems, preferably within a governance, risk, security or compliance role
- BA or BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Obtained or demonstrates an active pursuit of one or more of the following certifications: Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or other related certification. Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.