At KPMG Advisory, we do not limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. We deliver both. Our Hong Kong division is the fastest growing within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes for success. Since our inception, we have acquired in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad range of sectors and services.
Treasury Advisory, Director
We are building a next generation corporate treasury advisory team that will advise our key clients on their treasury transformation journey, keeping abreast of regulatory changes, taking advantage of advances in technology and payments innovation. KPMG’s Corporate Treasury Advisory team is dedicated to becoming a market leading team supported by a team of finance professionals who have a diverse range of expertise to meet the client’s needs.
The corporate treasury landscape in Hong Kong is evolving with the emergence of tax incentives that will support the growth in establishment and operation of centralised treasury centres. Coupled with Hong Kong’s unique positioning to support China’s outbound platform, Hong Kong is increasingly becoming a location of choice for China state owned and privately owned enterprises to establish their offshore treasury centres.
We are looking for candidates to join our treasury advisory, to team with our professionals from across advisory including financial risk management, working capital management, tax and technology enablement to build a best in class corporate treasury advisory offering.
If you are seeking a diverse range of responsibilities, an opportunity to develop a market leading practice, work with our prestigious clients, you will find that role here.
Your key responsibilities
The role of Director of Treasury Advisory is to help develop a market leading practice in Hong Kong to support clients looking to establish centralised treasury centres and develop their already existing treasury operations.
Your role will be two-fold:
- Assist with the continued development of our corporate treasury proposition, as supported by KPMG’s partners and subject matter experts
- Responsible for leading treasury advisory engagements
You’ll also provide supervision to Senior Managers, Managers and Analysts within the team
Skills and attributes for success
- Manage a wide range of treasury projects that may include payments transformation, liquidity management and risk management
- Be able to lead a team on medium to large centralised treasury function transformation and, or establishment of a regional treasury centre / in-house bank
- Deliver high quality work in a professional manner
- Provide direct supervision and mentorship to team members
- Responsible for sign off of client deliverables and engagement documentation
- Actively participate and contribute to development of business plans and their execution
To qualify for the role you must have
- Education in relevant discipline
- English, Mandarin and Cantonese – spoken and written skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
- Desire and ability to work closely with engagement team members and clients
- Valid passport required; willingness and ability to travel internationally
- Advanced skills and experience with: Treasury organisational structure and transformation, financial risk management (currency, interest rate, commodity), cash flow forecasting, cash and liquidity management, bank relationship management, treasury technology, international treasury centre, debt and investment management, governance, controls and regulation, M&A support, hedge accounting
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Financial Engineering, Economics, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering or another relevant discipline
- Certified Treasury Professional qualification
- Familiarity with SAP / Oracle and / or other treasury management systems, including bank developed solutions
- Consulting experience on complex projects
- System selection and implementation experience
What we look for
Problem solvers, ability to work independently and as part of a large team. Curiosity, sharing of thought leadership.
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2019 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
KPMG China operates in 19 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and territories, and have 200,000 people working in member firms around the world.