Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is recruiting a Donor Care Communications and Engagement Associate, carrying an external title of “Donor Care Communications and Engagement Manager”, to designs, implements and develops the donor communication and engagement plan of UNHCR Hong Kong and Macao SARs.
Requirements and experience:
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary certificate/training in marketing, communication, journalism, social science or a related field;
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- At least 3 years experience providing functional guidance to communications or donor care or loyalty programme teams;
- Proven experience in a fundraising or communications environment working on donor/customer care and data processing, gained in Hong Kong market;
- Track record of driving new initiatives that deliver improved customer experience;
- Proven experience of managing donor or customer records within a customer relationship database;
- Proven experience in analysing donor's donation behaviour and collecting donors insight through surveys and other means;
- Knowledge of MS office especially MS Word, MS Excel;
- A highly motivated, creative, dynamic and innovative team leader;
- Attention to details, high accuracy, result oriented and donor centric mentality;
- Ability to collaborate with others, with a flexible and positive attitude;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to work independently and under pressure;
- Proficiency in written and spoken Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and English;
- Excellent Writing skills for donor communications;
- Customer service oriented; and
- Statistical and mathematical competencies.
- Under the supervision of the Assistant PSP Officer (Donor Care), design, implement and develop the Donor Communication and Engagement Program of PSP HK to strengthen donor loyalty, assume an advisory role for both Individual Giving program and Middle donor program to maximize life-time value of respective donor segments, and provide overall functional guidance to the donor communication team, ensuring that they implement the donor communication and engagement programme effectively and efficiently with a donor centric approach;
- Optimise the opportunities to develop the life-time value of donors by
- Continue to improve retention rates, particularly during the first year, with a long-and-short term strategic donor communication and engagement plan to support Individual Giving program and Middle Donor program that results in revenue growth for the organisation and continue to build equity in UNHCR brand;
- Introduce testing elements on content for targeted donor segments in special appeal and find out best practice to ensure good response;
- Design content for digital marketing to make fundraising appeal to targeted donors;
- Explore and develop content for new type of donor fundraising program e.g. peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Develop and implement tactics to increase donor loyalty and donor satisfaction
- Design donor journey content for Individual Giving program and Middle donor program and evaluate its effectiveness;
- Produce regular donor reports to enhance donor retention and loyalty;
- Implement different communication tactics to different segments of donor according to their specific donation behaviours.
- Build engagement at every stage of the donor journey
- Work closely with Individual Giving and Middle Donor Program Manager to design and implement right donor engagement strategy to coherently engage and drive value for our donors, by taking the insights from different donor's personas and donation behavior analysed;
- Provide enriched communications content focusing on deeper donor community management;
- Conduct donor survey, organize donor editorial group to collect insights from donors;
- Oversee the execution of insight driven fundraising and communications program through the line, including direct mail, email, web, mobile to drive donor engagement, based on insights, market trends and in line with our desired market positioning;
- Increased testing of methods to deliver stories - videos, infographics, blogs.
- Assist in implementing comprehensive data strategies to deliver donor-centric communication
- Digitalize donor care communication by working with digital and database team to collect donor response to different communication content;
- Collaborate closely with Individual Giving Team and Middle Donor Team to track metrics and success criteria, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance;
- Utilise effectively the current and future technology to orchestrate campaign with automation and relevant personalisation;
- Collaborate closely with Business Intelligence team to utilise respective donors' personas for effective communications and offers development.
- Assure quality of donor communication to enhance donor satisfaction
- Liaise, monitor and review outsourced vendor services performance such as Direct Marketing services, printing services, editorial and translating services etc.;
- Ensure donor communications are properly produced and delivered according to schedule with effective messaging;
- Develop innovative ideas in donor communications and fundraising appeals to raise fund among existing donors as well as improve donor engagement;
- Recruit, coach and monitor donor communication team, ensuring donor communication and engagement program are implemented and delivered in high quality standard.
- Support UNHCR’s donor care and fundraising events; and
- Undertaking other duties as assigned by her/his supervisor.
Closing date: 1 April 2019
Applicants who wish to be considered for this vacancy should send their
by email only to email address stated on our website <https://www.unhcr.org/hk/en/job-opportunities>. Please ensure that they are sent with the titles “your name Personal History Form”, “your name Motivation letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “UNHCR – Donor Care Communications and Engagement Associate” in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview and written test.