Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Early Years Teaching Assistant to support a team of qualified educators in Malvern College Pre-Schools in Asia. This is an exciting opportunity for an Early Years specialist to be part of a committed and enthusiastic team eager to develop a new school aimed at bringing top-class international pre-school education to Hong Kong and Asia.
Contract Period: Aug 2020 - Jul 2022 (2 years)
The role of the Early Years Teaching Assistant (Playgroup/Pre-N/ K1 to K2) is essentially to help build and maintain a world-leading and successful Early Years programme within the school by providing support to the classroom teachers and staff. The Teacher Partner role is important in supporting the classroom teachers in the delivery of quality teaching and learning via the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum to all students through administrative support, maintenance of classroom organization and procedures, emotional support to students, communicating with teachers and parents and adhering to school policies and procedures.
· Degree/ Diploma in Early Childhood Education or Equivalency
· Fluency in English and Putonghua
· Nurturing manner and love of working with young children
· Early Years programme knowledge/ experience an advantage
· Early Years Curriculum knowledge an advantage
· Effective communication skills
· Patience in dealing with young students
· Sound organizational skills and time management
· IT skills an advantage for making resources and digital portfolios
· Knowledge/ Experience of Reggio Emilia Approach advantageous
· Must be a Registered Teacher and Child Care Worker/Supervisor
Please send a letter of application, a full CV with your current and expected salary addressed to the Human Resources Department, Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong. Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used strictly for recruitment purposes only. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. Please send application by clicking "Apply Now"below.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to give proof of identify and qualifications before interviews take place. The final employment will be subject to pre-employment and child protection checks.
Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong offers the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum.
We envision being the first Forest School in Hong Kong that will cultivate a love of nature, teamwork, and character development in the Early Years.
To find out more information about us, please visit www.malvernpreschool.hk or www.malverncollege.org.hk .