Automotive Platforms and Application Systems R&D Centre
Ref: APAS125/21, 2324/JDB/160421
- Responsible for project implementation including feasibility study, solution development and hardware/software/firmware design for government funded projects in Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Communication and Active Safety System technologies
- Cooperate with teammates on hands-on tasks including but not limited to PCB design, firmware coding for MCU/DSP, system architecture and hardware selection, set up test platform, etc
- Conduct system integration and field testing
- Liaise with technical partners or suppliers for solutions
- Prepare technical documents for the project deliverables, test plans and test reports
- Support the project management and ad hoc tasks when required
- Occasional travel to the mainland China when required
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Electronic Engineering / Information Engineering / Computer Science / Mechatronics / Automotive Engineering or equivalent from a local university or a well-recognized non-local institution (please refer to the Research Talent Hub program in ITC website for details)
- Fresh graduate is welcome
- Knowledge in schematics and PCB layout design or computer programming in Linux-based programming/C++/C/Matlab Simulink
- Experience or Knowledge in any one of the following skills is a plus:
- IoT devices and/or Information & Communication Technology
- Firmware design with 16-bit MCU or 32-bit ARM based microcontroller or automotive electronics
- Electrical system design
- Programming in Robotic Operating System (ROS)
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Good command of English, Cantonese and Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Research Talent Hub Programme under the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) to conduct R&D project from March 2021 to September 2022.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should submit application at the HKPC e-Recruitment System (careers.hkpc.org) within 1 week from the posting date.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.