The successful candidate will take the lead to support a data-rich enterprise undergoing digital transformation towards data-driven business model to provide personalized customer experience, drive product/services innovation and process optimization, get business insights and unleash data monetization potential.
To strengthen big-data-to-insight foundation and to build Data-as-a-Service architecture with latest data management technologies, the Enterprise Data Architect will drive enterprise wide data governance, model/build enterprise data assets and data integration to enable analytics by data analyst and scientist teams, and digital marketing initiatives.
Enterprise Data Architect will lead and expand a team of data engineers on data discovery, data acquisition/integration/enrichment from a wide-spectrum of data sources, data modeling for datalake, data warehouse & data marts and data visualization, data governance as well as new technology adoption.
He / She will be responsible to lead the data warehouse and analytics team to cover the scope of duties:
- To lead, develop and scale the data engineer team to meet fast growing business needs; plan team resources and prioritize with business stakeholders in a time-sensitive environment with competing deadlines.
- Engage in a Digital Transformation Project for the largest telecommunications company in Hong Kong to build data-as-a-service architecture.
- Improve and strengthen data governance especially on data privacy protection and security measures.
- Working closely with data analysts and data scientists of business units on business and data needs.
- Working closely with source system owners on data discovery, data glossary, data acquisition, ingestion and enrichment.
- Build enterprise data models for enterprise datalake, data warehouse and data marts.
- Working closely with downstream system owners on data integration
- Working with business units on data visualization: KPI/metric reporting, business intelligence for enterprise performance analysis
- Working closely with technical architecture team to identify, evaluate and adoption of new data management technologies (RDBMS, Hadoop, NoSQL, data integration, visualization) to keep up evolving business needs.
- University graduate in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science or related disciplines
- 10+ years of experience in data warehouse & analytics domain, with 5+ years in leader role developing high-performing data engineer team and managing budget & resources.
- Strong business acumen and fast learner of new business.
- Strong problem solving skills, excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid technical experience in datalake, data warehouse and data mart design, batch/real-time data integration (ETL/ELT), data visualization, and data analytics.
- Deep understanding of data security and compliance.
- Solid knowledge on data management technologies:
- RDBMS, NoSQL, Hadoop eco-system
- Data integration coding and tools (Informatica, InfoSphere, Talend, etc)
- Data Visualization tools (e.g. QlikSense, Tableau, PowerBI, Jasper, Pentaho, etc.)
- Solid experience in marketing campaign system and digital marketing techniques.
Interested candidates are encouraged submit their CV/ resume along with the current and expected salaries to this link: https://pccw.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en or email to [email protected] .